Biotherapeutic drug products encompass various active substances. These substances are either produced or extracted from biological sources. These biotherapeutic drug therapy products are obtained from various recombinant DNA technologies such as interleukins, interferons, etc. There are various advantages of these techniques such as effectiveness and safety of therapeutic proteins and peptides. It is evident from the past experiences that biotherapeutic products have helped in the treatment of various chronic and life-threatening diseases.
Biotherapeutic proteins constitute various treatments for different disorders such as hematologic disorders, autoimmune disorders, cancer, hormonal dysregulation, genetic disorders, and infectious diseases. A major benefit of human cell lines is their capacity for contamination that is specific to humans.
Moreover, these cell lines are used in various organizations, including vaccine producers, producers of licensed protein therapeutics, and biopharmaceutical research. If some more funding is provided and technology is upgraded, they can be used for other variant production of commercial drugs and vaccines.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs, such as hydroxychloroquine, have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19.
- Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs as many developed countries are short of these drugs. The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
- Attributed to such factors, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the biotherapeutics cell line development market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Significant development and use of the construction of vectors and codons influence the development of the biotherapeutics cell line. Launch and upgrades in technologies and changes in regulation policies are the major factors propelling the biotherapeutics cell line development market.
There is also a trend observed in the technological developments among the commercial and academic scientists and they focus mainly on the defects in the formulations opening up in the field of biotherapeutics cell lines. Many manufacturers work on the biotherapeutics cell line development market to initiate new cell line development solutions to cater to industrial requirements.
Rise in support by FDAs and governments all over the globe for the promotion of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies also affect the growth of the market.
On the other hand, key manufacturers are significantly increased due to the segregation of highly produced proteins that are highly monotonous and are utilizing most of the time and hundreds of clones are being screened in a short period.
New product launches and acquisitions to boost the market
On March 9th, 2020, Berkeley Light introduced a new product the Opto CLD 2.0 cell line development workflow for the identification of ideal clones to be used in complex antibody therapeutics. On May 2nd, 2019, Sartorius Stedim Biotech introduced a new generation of mico-bioreactor systems for cell culture.
Surge in usage in hospital applications
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, research laboratories, and clinical research are the major consumers of the biotherapeutic cell line development market. However, research laboratories are the biggest end-users in the market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global biotherapeutics cell line development market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the biotherapeutics cell line development market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the biotherapeutics cell line development market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed biotherapeutics cell line development market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the biotherapeutics cell line development market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Biotherapeutics Cell Line Development Market Report Highlights
By Process Type
By CLD Option
Key Market Players
EMD Millipore, Selexis SA, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Sony Biotechnology Inc, Lonza Group Ltd, Becton Dickinson and Company, Boehringer Ingelheim Group, Catalent Inc., ProBioGen AG, Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC., Partec (Sysmex Corporation), Beckman Coulter, CMC Biologics A/S