Bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression, is a mental disorder that could lead to periods of depression and elevated mood. The treatment of bipolar disorder includes psychotherapy as well as medications such as mood stabilizers and antipsychotics.
The global bipolar disorder therapeutics market is driven by increase in prevalence of bipolar disorder, government initiatives to increase public awareness about the effects of bipolar disorders, high demand for anti-depressants, and need to reduce the disease burden of bipolar disorder. However, dearth of proper diagnostic procedures for the identification of the disorder and the side effects associated with bipolar disorder therapeutics are expected to impede the market growth. On the contrary, advancements related to combination therapies of drugs provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth in the near future.
The global bipolar disorder market is segmented on the basis of drugs class, mechanism of action, and region. Based on drug class, it is classified into mood stabilizers, antipsychotics, antidepressant drugs, and other drugs. On the basis of mechanism of action, it is categorized into selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, benzodiazepines, and beta blockers. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global market include AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Eli Lilly and Company, Astellas Pharma Inc., Allergan plc., Johnson & Johnson., GlaxoSmithKline plc., AbbVie Inc., Pfizer Inc., and Novartis AG.
- The report presents the market analysis of the global bipolar disorder market along with the regional trend and future estimations.
- It provides extensive information about the market segments from 2016 to 2023 to understand the market dynamics.
- The key factors that drive, hamper, or provide opportunities to the market are provided in the report
- Competitive landscape of the industry along with the profile analysis of market players is provided in the report.
Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics Market Key Segments
By Drug Class
- Mood Stabilizers
- Antipsychotic Drugs
- Antidepressant Drugs
- Other Drugs
By Mechanism of Action
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors
- Serotonin-norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Beta Blockers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA