A black start generator is a power generation unit which provides the power plants with the initial power backup during a blackout without depending on any external electric source. Black start generators have minimal power output of 20 MW generally and they provide a fast start up to the primary turbine generators. They are majorly used in hydro, thermal and nuclear power plants. The emergence of black start power generators have helped the industrial power plants to survive complete blackout due to technical or natural disasters and keep the processes ongoing to meet the end users demand. Properties like easy fuel sourcing, longer life span, and low emissions have made black start diesel generators, the majorly used black start generators by type. These generators consists of a diesel engine, generator (2MW-5MW), an air starting system for driving the small diesel engine and synchronizing & monitoring equipment.
The increase in number of manufacturing industries, regulatory bodies across the globe and construction & reconstruction of power plants due to retiring by regulatory bodies are the major driving factors for black start generators market. The increasing applications, competitive market and demand of black start generators in the oil & gas industry has also fueled the growth of this market. Black start generators have some technical requirements and need proper maintenance to work properly. They cannot be used in power plants using wind turbines as availability of wind at the needed time can become a disturbing factor.
The report segments the black start generator market on the basis of type, power, applications and region. On the basis of type of engine, the market is segmented into black start diesel, gas and hybrid. According to the application the market is classified into power generation industry, oil & gas industry, manufacturing industry, healthcare and IT industry. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
JCB Power Products acquired BroadcrownLtd, a key diesel generator producer of U.K. to expand its business in the power generation sector. General Electric Co. has launched products which have black start capability like 6B.03 and LM6000-PF+ gas turbines in 2015. Cummins Power Generation has also come up with a series QSV91 in which all the products have black start capability in 2013. Other companies are updating their turbines with black start capability like Greenray Turbines.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as General ElectricCo. (U.S.), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Inc. (India), Generac Holdings Inc. (U.S.), Cummins Inc. (U.S.), Caterpillar Inc. (U.S.), MTU Onsite Energy (Germany), Himoinsa S.L. (Spain), JCB Power Products BroadcrownLtd. (England), Aggreko PLC (U.K.) and Man Diesel & Turbo Se (Germany) is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the world black start generator market.
- Geographically, the black start generator market is analysed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world black start generator market is provided. For instance, the increasing number of power plants, government regulations and growth in the manufacturing industry will drive this market.
- Leading market players within the black start generator market are profiled in this report and their key developments in recent years are listed down.
BLACK START GENERATOR MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
By Engine Type
- Power Generation Industry
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- IT Industry
- North America
- South Africa