Blau syndrome is a monogenic disease that affects skin, eyes, and the joints. A single modification in one gene present in the body’s cell primarily causes this inflammatory disorder where the symptoms start in childhood, usually before the child is 4 years of age. It majorly occurs due to a single mutation in the nucleotide binding oligomerization domain containing 2 (NOD2) gene, which fundamentally produces proteins responsible for major immune responses, including inflammation. The initial symptoms of Blau syndrome is a type of skin inflammation called granulomatous dermatitis. This syndrome can even attack other body parts such as liver, brain, blood vessel, spleen, lungs, and heart.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Blau Syndrome Market (Pre and Post Analysis)
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the Blau syndrome market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increasing use of biological therapies and emergence of new drugs is expected to propel the growth of the Blau syndrome market.
- Advancements in the healthcare industry and availability of off label drugs further boost the growth of this blau syndrome market.
- However, lack of skilled resources makes it difficult for physicians to perform various kinds of genetic tests, which hinders the growth of the blau syndrome market.
- With recent product launches, product approvals, new product pipeline analysis, and geographical expansions, many new opportunities have paved the pathway for the Blau syndrome market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In 2018 Amgen Inc., one of the world's largest independent biotechnology companies, launched AMGEVITA (an adalimumab), a medicine that treats scaly patches on the skin and inflammation of the joints.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Blau syndrome industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the blau syndrome market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the blau syndrome market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Blau syndrome Report
- Who are the leading players active in the Blau syndrome market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
Blau Syndrome Market Report Highlights
By Market Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Centogene AG, Oncodesign, Pfizer, Amgen Inc, Salix Pharmaceutical, Accord Healthcare, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Novartis AG, Zydus Pharmaceuticals, Himka Pharmaceuticals PLC, Alkem Labs, Mylan N.V., Abbvie Inc