The blood bank is a place where blood and plasma samples are stored for the transfusion process. Blood transfusion is needed in the case of accidental emergency or blood loss disorders such as thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, blood cancer, and anemia. The organ bank is similar to blood banks that stores body organs for organ transplantation. Organ transplantation is a process of surgically replacing diseased or failed organs with another organ.
Factors such as the rising prevalence of hematological diseases such as thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, blood cancer, and anemia, increasing accidental cases, and rising geriatric population drive the market growth. In addition, increase in the awareness of the population, along with rising biotechnological research and development studies fuel the growth of this market. However, post-operative complications such as allergic reactions, fever, acute hemolytic reaction, blood borne infection, and arthritis are expected to restrain the market growth. Blood transfusion and organ transplantation in emerging nations are anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period
The blood and organ bank market is segmented based on product, activity, end-user, and geography. By product, it is categorized into red blood cell collection, processing, distribution services, blood plasma collection, processing, distribution services, organ bank services, tissue bank services, health screening services, all other human blood services, and reproductive & stem cell bank services. By activity the market is segmented into collecting blood, storing blood, distributing blood, storing organs, distributing organs, research & storage technologies, and reproductive tissues. By end-user the market is categorized into hospitals, diagnostics centers, blood bank, and others. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the blood and organ bank market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments determines various products available in the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to predict the competitive market outlook.
Blood And Organ Bank Market Key Segments:
- Red Blood Cell Collection, Processing, and Distribution Services
- Blood Plasma Collection, Processing, and Distribution Services
- Organ Bank Services
- Tissue Bank Services
- Health Screening Services
- All Other Human Blood Services
- Reproductive and Stem Cell Bank Services
- Collecting Blood
- Storing Blood
- Distributing Blood
- Storing Organs
- Distributing Organs
- Researching Storage Technologies
- Reproducing Tissues
- Diagnostic Canters
- Blood Banks
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- American Red Cross
- New England Organ Bank
- 21st Century Medicine
- New York Blood Centre
- The Living Bank
- Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation, Inc.
- National Organ & Tissue Transplant Organisation
- China Cord Blood Corporation
- New York Cord Blood Program
- Cord Blood Registry