Blood clot retrieval is a surgical procedure that involves mechanical removal of blood clot from the patients brain. This procedure is majorly used for the treatment of ischemic strokes caused due to blood clots, thereby reduces risk of paralysis, speech difficulties, and other stroke disabilities.
Increase in prevalence of ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, and transient ischemic attack owing to the sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle majorly drives the market growth. In addition, rise in prevalence of strokes in geriatric population, increase in demand of minimally invasive surgery, and favorable reimbursement policies fuel the growth of the market. However, risk of post surgery complications and high cost of surgical procedure, lack of infrastructure & skilled professions and stringent government regulations associated to the safety and efficacy of blood clot retrieval devices hinder the growth of the market. Ongoing R&D activities related to blood clot retrieval devices are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of stroke type, device type, end user, and geography. Based on stroke type, the market is divided into ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, and transient ischemic attack. Based on device type, the market is classified into mechanical embolus removal devices, penumbra blood clot retrieval devices, stent retrievers, and ultrasound assisted devices. By end user, the market is categorized into hospitals, diagnostic centers, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities for the period (20172023) in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market Key Segments:
By Stroke Type
- Ischemic Stroke (blood clot)
- Hemorrhagic Stroke (rupturing of arteries)
- Transient Ischemic Attack
By Device Type
- Mechanical Embolus Removal Devices
- Penumbra Blood Clot Retrieval Devices
- Stent Retrievers
- Ultrasound Assisted Devices
By End User
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Argon Medical Devices, Inc.
- Medtronic Plc
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Penumbra, Inc.
- AngioDynamics, Inc
- Terumo Corporation
- Johnson and Johnson
- ECKOS Corporation
- Bayer HealthCare LLC