Blood is collected as whole blood (WB) by blood donation processes, and later it can be separated into various components by a process called as apheresis. The amount of blood drawn varies and should not be more than 1% of the body weight of the donor. The collection can be done with help of an automated equipment that collects only specific components of blood or blood can also be collected manually.
The growth of the blood collection market is driven by rise in incidence of trauma and accidents, and surge in number of surgical procedures carried out worldwide. In addition, growth in awareness increase in government initiatives about blood donation and are expected to boost the demand for blood collection products. However, risks related to blood transfusion in underdeveloped countries impede this growth.
The global blood collection market is segmented based on product, application, end user, and region. Based on product, it is classified into blood collection needles and syringes, blood collection tubes, blood lancets, blood bags, vials, and others. Blood collection tubes are further categorized into EDTA, heparin, serum-separating tubes, and plasma-separating tubes. Based on application, the market is divided into diagnostics and treatment. Diagnostics application is further bifurcated into infectious diseases and non-infectious diseases. By end user, the market is categorized into hospitals & diagnostic centers, blood banks, and others.
Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed at the country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as Abbott Laboratories Inc., Medtronic, Becton Dickinson and Company, Terumo Corporation, Nipro Medical Corporation, Qiagen, F.L. Medical SRL, Greiner Holding AG, Haemonetics Corporation, and Sarstedt AG & Co., are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis, current trends, and future estimations of the global blood collection market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Blood Collection Market Key Segments:
- Blood Collection Needles and Syringes
- Blood Collection Tubes
- Serum-separating Tubes
- Plasma-separating Tubes
- Blood Lancets
- Blood Bags
- Infectious Diseases
- Non-infectious Diseases
By End User
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Centers
- Blood Banks
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA