Blood processing is done to separate all the components of blood like RBCs, platelets, and plasmas. An anticoagulant with citrate, phosphate, and dextrose is used to prevent blood from clotting and also maintains cellular function during storage. Adenine is also used to improve the quality of red blood cells. Demand for pathogen free products is the major requirement for blood processing and for that different devices are used for blood processing that include blood bank freezers, blood warmers, blood grouping analyzers, blood bank refrigerators, hematocrit centrifuges, and blood cell processors.
Blood processing devices and consumables market is in emerging state due to increase in aging population, and rise in diseases related to blood transfusion. Also, surgical procedures require high demand of blood from blood donors and blood banks that requires blood processing and consumable devices to collect and process it. Also introduction of new devices in the market, favorable reimbursement policies, and it being user-friendly contributes towards the market growth of blood processing devices and consumables. However, factors such as high cost and stringent government policies impede the growth.
The world blood processing devices and consumables market is segmented based on blood processing devices, consumables, end users, and geography. Based on blood processing devices, it is divided into blood bank freezers, blood warmers, blood grouping analyzers, blood bank refrigerators, hematocrit centrifuges, and blood cell processors. Based on consumables, it is categorized into blood lancets, vials, microscopic slides, blood grouping reagents, blood bags, blood collection tubes, sedimentation tubes, blood administration sets, blood filters, test tube racks, coagulation reagents, slide strainers, blood collection needles, and hematology reagents. Based on end users, it is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic centers, clinics, academic institutes, and blood banks. The market is analyzed on the basis of four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Product launch, collaboration & merger, and acquisition are the key strategies adopted by market players. Healthcare giant such as Biomerieux SA has acquired BioFire Diagnostics Inc., in January 2014 and Becton has acquired CareFusion creating a high growth in blood processing devices and consumables market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Abbott Laboratories, Biomerieux SA, Becton, Dickinson And Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, Grifols International, Thermogenesis Corporation, Terumo Corporation, Roche Holdings AG, and Haemonetics Corporation is also provided in this report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- In-depth analysis of the market is conducted based on market estimations of the key segments
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world blood processing devices and consumables market is provided in the report.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by devices, consumables, and end users helps understand the different aspects that are currently used, along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers and distributors of blood processing devices and consumables helps interpret the competitive scenario across various geographies.
- Analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market is provided with key market dynamic factors to predict the behavior of the market.
Blood Processing Devices and Consumables Market Report Highlights
By Blood Processing Devices
By End Users
Key Market Players
Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, Haemonetics Corporation, Thermogenesis Corporation, Terumo Corporation, Grifols International, Biomerieux SA, Becton, Dickinson And Company, Roche Holdings AG