Blood stream infection is a condition in which bacterial, fungal, or any infection is detected in the blood. It generally occurs when infection in any part of body enters the blood stream. This infection is also described as blood poisoning, bacteremia, septicemia, or sepsis. Self-diagnosis of blood stream infections is difficult owing to its common symptoms (such as chills, fever, diarrhea, vomiting, and others); thereby testing is mandatory for detection of infection in blood.
Increase in prevalence of infections such as abdominal infections, dental infections, kidney or urinary infection, and chronic diseases owing to the sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle drives the market growth. In addition, rise in prevalence geriatric population, preventive healthcare awareness, and blood donations fuel the growth of the market. However, stringent government regulations associated to the safety and efficacy of blood stream infection testing hinder the growth of the market. Ongoing R&D activities related to blood stream infection testing are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of test type, application, end user, and geography. Based on test type, the market is segmented into blood culture, blood gases, complete blood count (CBC), clotting studies, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) culture, culture of skin sore, platelet count, urine culture, and chest X-ray. Based on application, the market is categorized into bacteremia, fungemia and mycobacteria. By end-user, it is classified into hospital laboratories, reference laboratories, academic research laboratories, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 20172023, which enables stakes to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Blood Stream Infection Testing Market Key Segments:
By Test Type
- Blood culture
- Blood gases
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Clotting studies
- Prothrombin Time (PT)
- Partial Thromboplastin Time (PTT)
- Fibrinogen Levels
- Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Culture
- Culture of skin sore
- Platelet count
- Urine culture
- Chest X-Ray
- Hospital Laboratories
- Reference Laboratories
- Academic Research Laboratories
- Others (pathology laboratories, bacteriological laboratories, physician office laboratories (POLs), and independent research laboratories)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Abbott Laboratories
- BioMrieux Inc.
- Cepheid Inc
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Siemens Healthcare
- Beckman Coulter Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Alere Inc.