Body Armor AccessoriesMarket Outlook – 2027
Body armor is a protection of some kind used to defend against penetrating bullet attacks or any firearm. Body armor is historically used by military personnel only and is commonly used by political, police, and security officials. Body armor accessories include combat helmets, protective jackets, and shields, which are a must for all armed forces, police personnel. Various types of body armors are used according to the users' requirements. These jackets consist of various layers of laminate fibers. In soft jackets, ballistic plates are often inserted. Besides, soft jackets can be used to provide additional protection against rifles and knife stabbing. These vests bend the bullet, distributing its impact over a greater portion of the fabric; thereby, mushrooming the bullet into a platter shape.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Even while the world is tackling COVID- 19 pandemic, still all the military procurement is continuing in almost every country, because national safety is foremost important.
- Big spenders on defense such as the U.S., Russia devote approximately 4 percent of their GDP to defense, a substantial amount.
- Major powers like the U.S. have already halted all troop movement, missions, and exercises. Cessing or reducing military exercises would reduce the engagement time, informal testing, and evaluation of equipment and reduce the latent market development potential.
- The lack of supply of Chinese manufacturers of raw materials has led to a severe demand-supply gap. Moreover, raw material orders are likely to hinder the producers, as the logistics industry has been seriously affected by the lockdown in the COVID-19 crisis.
- However, the producers are expected to withdraw from China to minimize potential market risks and reduce the cluster of manufacturers in a single country to crawl up the supply chain.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Increased demand for protective equipment for personal defense is predicted to fuel market growth as a result of anti-national activities and increasing terrorism throughout the world. Demand for armor and personal protective equipment in developing countries is growing, but inadequate supply has led to a growing number of soldiers being wounded or dead.In Asia-Pacific countries like India, China, and South Korea, a widespread modernization of conventional systems and increasing warfare and borders drive demand for advanced armors and their accessories.The growth of the world market is also stimulating innovations and additional features with advanced designs and manufacturers' customization.However, the economic crisis conditions in many countries, and a decreased budget allocation for the defense sector, particularly in European countries like the UK, Germany, etc., could hamper demand and restrict world body armor growth.
The global body armor accessoriesmarket trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
Researchers at the University of Victoria in Australia created a revolutionary new additive that promises to boost the body armor dramatically which is called Comfort-Optimized Materials for Operational Resilience, Thermal-Transport & Survivability (COMFORTS). Honeywell Launched Spectra Shield 6166 in January 2020, offering the highest energy adsorption for high-power rifle or high-energy threats for improved energy adsorption in hard body armor. A multi-year Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (ID / IQ) USD 209M body armor contract has been awarded to the United States Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support (DLA-TS) for updated Enhanced Small Arms Protective Inserts. A research team has discovered a new polybenzoxazole (PBO) production method, which is commercially known as Zylon and used in body armor. Texas A&M University Engineers have developed a new formula that can prevent the weakening of today's body armor by adding a tiny bit of silicone to boron carbide, which makes it more resilient to high-speed impacts.
Rise in use of materials and fibers in nanotechnology
The increasing use of nanotechnology materials and fibers is one of the main trends affecting the global corporate armor market.To absorb a ballistic impact, the body armor currently available uses a stiff, heavy layer of ceramic material. Body armors are heavy and unmanageable. Traders have begun to use unique fabrics in body armoring manufacture to increase the effectiveness of troops, to protect police and ballistic protection.Improved nano-properties include lower weight, increased power, improved durability, enhanced reactivity, and ability to modify or change certain features.These features are very useful in reducing soldiers' weight and improving survival rates.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global body armor accessoriesindustry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the body armor accessories market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the body armor accessoriesmarket?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Body Armor Accessories Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Point Blank, SFI, Elite Survival Systems, TYR Tactical, Tacprogear, Survival Armor, BlackHawk, EnGarde, Eagle Industries, AR500