Bonding Wire Packaging Market Outlook - 2027
Wire bonding is the technology in which an integrated circuit (IC) or other semiconductor device is interconnected using its packaging during the production of semiconductor devices. Wire bonding finds application to link an IC to other electronic devices, or to link between one printed circuit boards (PCB) to the other. Wire bonding is usually considered as one among the most cost-effective and flexible interconnecting technologies which is used to compile the vast majority of semiconductor packets.
The global bonding wire packaging market is segmented on the basis of type, application, industry vertical and region. Based on type, the market is divided into gold воndіng wіrе, сорреr воndіng wіrе, ѕіlvеr воndіng wіrе, аnd раllаdіum соаtеd сорреr. In terms of application, the market is categorized into ІС аnd trаnѕіѕtоr. In terms of industry vertical, the bonding wire packaging market is segregated into consumer electronics, IT & telecommunication, automotive, healthcare, aerospace & defense, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global bonding wire packaging industry include Freescale Semiconductor, Micron Technology, Cirrus Logic, Fairchild Semiconductor, Maxim, Integrated Silicon Solution, Lattice Semiconductor, Infineon Technologies, KEMET, Quik-Pak. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global bonding wire packaging market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global bonding wire packaging market forecast has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new strategies as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on bonding wire packaging market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for bonding wire packaging are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced bonding wire packaging to enhance efficiency.
Top Impacting Factors
The immense utilization silver as a substitute material is an important trend which stimulates market growth. As this semiconductor industry has been under huge pressure to implement low-cost alternative approaches to gold without sacrificing quality, through use of silver as a bonding wire has gained traction over the forecast time period. The silver bonding wire provides the same consistency of the product and needs no major investment in high-end bonding equipment. Upon its use in the LED packaging and memory devices, Silver wire had become a feasible alternative. The accessibility of silver bonding wire, during the forecasted period, will make it a preferred material in the semiconductor industry.
Growth in Semiconductor Requirement
Manufacturers of electronic devices face demands from customers for high-powered, reliable, and smart electrical appliances. Owing to advancements in technology including the introduction of trillions of transistors on a chip called system-on-chip, the last decade also witnessed the development of the smart device and home automation sector.
The bonding wire packaging technology into their devices has begun by manufacturers of smart electronic devices such as wireless communication equipment, mobile phones, ECG, telemetry devices and automotive body electronic products. Additionally, the rise of SiP technology has allowed mixed-signal SoC manufacturing companies to blend in more features at a fair price on a single chip.
Rise in Demand for Wireless Computing Devices to Drive Iot's Advent
Consumers all over the world require high-performance, secure and easily portable computing devices that provide networking through wireless networks such as 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to enable data sharing and exchange. Globally the IoT is a fast-growing market. The bonding wire packaging technique employed on the platform enables devices to capture and transfer data via wireless computing devices to a centralized (real-time) location utilizing sensors and actuators. The preference for small devices on a single computer has increased the need for more functionalities.
Lead-on High-Speed Interconnect Chip Packages
Next generation memory devices mostly demands the use of wire packaging. Wire bonding is expected to to be used for most of the interconnection method in future, as memory transitions from TSOP to FBGA (DDR I & II) packet designs. Wire-bonded FBGA packages offers to meet the electrical performance standards for both DDR I and DDR II memory up to DDRII generation PC5400 (667 MHz chip speed, 400 MHz bus speed). FBGA packages have a architecture with short wire loop lengths, which are low inductance and capable of the fast memory high speed switching. The above-mentioned advantages drives the bonding wire packaging market demand.
With increasing market competition, regional as well as international competitors are focused on developing new products to maintain and enhance their position in the global market. In order to gain an advantage over competitors, key players fixate on mergers and acquisitions, and technological innovation. Emerging market vendors have been facing substantially challenging competition from rival vendors as they are struggling with new technologies, reliability and other issues related to the products.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global bonding wire packaging industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global bonding wire packaging market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global bonding wire packaging market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global bonding wire packaging market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Bonding Wire Packaging Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the bonding wire packaging market size?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the bonding wire packaging market trends?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Bonding Wire Packaging Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Micron Technology, Infineon Technologies, Fairchild Semiconductor, Quik-Pak, Cirrus Logic, Freescale Semiconductor, KEMET, Maxim, Integrated Silicon Solution, Lattice Semiconductor