Bone anchored hearing aids (BAHA) are surgical implantable devices based on bone conduction mechanism. This device is used in the treatment of certain types of hearing loss such as chronic ear infections, malformations of outer or middle ear, single-sided deafness, acoustic neuroma, cholesteatoma, and other conditions.
Growth in the prevalence of hearing loss amongst the pediatric and geriatric population is the major factor that drives the BAHA market. Furthermore, increase in demand for customized hearing devices and increase in technological advancements such as aesthetic hearing aids are anticipated to propel the market growth. However, presence of substitutes, such as hearing aids, cochlear implants, auditory brain stem implants, & vibrant soundbridge, and lack of standardization evaluation tools for BAHA, stringent government regulations related to the safety and efficacy of bone anchored hearing aids hinder the market growth.
In addition, side effects associated with BAHA such as failure of osseointegration, chronic infection, skin irritation, and others are anticipated to hamper the BAHA market. Ongoing R&D activities related to BAHA are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of application, end user, and geography. Based on application, the market is categorized into sensorineural hearing loss, conductive hearing loss, mixed hearing loss, and single-sided deafness. By end users, it is classified into pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities for the period (20172023) in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market Key Segments:
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Conductive Hearing Loss
- Mixed Hearing Loss
- Single Sided Deafness
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Oticon A/S
- Sonova Holding AG
- Starkey Hearing Technologies
- Widex A/S
- Siemens AG
- Cochlear Ltd.
- Sonic Innovations, Inc.
- GN Hearing A/S
- Auditdata A/S
- Natus Medical Incorporated