Bone & mineral tests are used for diagnosis and evaluation of changes in response to bone disorder therapy. These tests involve technologies such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), clinical laboratory improvement amendments (CLIA), and Radioimmunoassay (RIA). The solidness and mass (bone density) in the spine, hip, and/or wrist are measured and tested by bone & mineral density test. The most common sites of fractures due to osteoporosis are susceptible bones; hence, bone & mineral testing holds a significant importance.
The global bone & mineral market is driven by rise in geriatric population, need for early diagnosis to start treatment at its earliest, and increase in incidence of bone disorders. However, high cost of such tests and limited detection capability & inefficiency hamper the market growth. Development in automation of assay, and growth in public awareness towards personal and healthcare provides opportunities for the market growth.
This global bone & mineral market is segmented on the basis of application, technology, product, and region. On the basis of application, it is classified into vitamin D testing and bone metabolism. Based on technology, it is categorized into enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), clinical laboratory improvement amendments (CLIA), and other tests. Based on product, it is bifurcated into assays/consumables and instruments. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market are Abbott laboratories, bioMrieux, Diasorin, Quidel, Roche Diagnostic Inc., Siemens Healthcare Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Epitope Diagnostics, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, and Enzo Life Sciences.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global bone & mineral testing market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type assists to understand the various forms of bone & mineral testing available.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Bone & Mineral Testing Market Key Segments:
- Vitamin D Testing
- Bone Metabolism
- Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments
- Other Tests
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Rest of LAMEA