Bone cement supports artificial joints of shoulder, knee, and elbow for more than half century. Bone cement plugs the gap between bone and prosthesis. Orthopedic casting material is made up of plastic, its a shell that encloses limb to stabilize broken bones. The need of the bone cement and cast is due to the requirement of materials that effectively absorb body forces acting on the human hips. Bone casting is helpful in various orthopedic applications, which include hip replacement, wrist joint replacement, and others, for instance, calcium phosphate-based materials are widely used at present. Moreover, bone cements provide stability to the bone during internal fixation surgery. Growing ageing population fuels the growth of the market.
Factors that drive the market are ageing population, rise in joints problems, increase in population suffering from obesity, advancement in healthcare sector, attraction of people towards junk foods, and high number of accidents. Moreover, benefits offered by healthcare sector such as higher X-ray visibility, better fatigue also stimulate the market growth. However, stringent regulatory policies of government restrain the growth.
The report segments the market by raw materials used and geography. On the basis of material used, the bone cements market is segmented into polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), acrylate based plastics, ceramics, calcium sulfate, calcium phosphate and coralline hydroxyapatite cements. In terms of material used for cast, the market is divided into synthetic materials such as, plaster, or fiberglass with cotton or polyurethane based bandages. Geographically, the market is analyzed for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Healthcare giants such as Exactech, Inc. have received USFDA approval for Optetrak Logic Constrained Condylar (CC) Prosthesis to treat the bones. Many other companies also plan for acquisitions and launches to develop the market.Some key players include Orthofix International N.V, Exactech, Inc., DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Zimmer Holdings, Inc., BSN medical GmbH, 3M Health Care Ltd., Stryker Corporation, Biomet, Inc., and Smith & Nephew Plc.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Geographically, the bone cement and casting materials market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- This study evaluates competitive landscape and value chain to predict the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global bone cement and casting materials market is provided. For instance, increase in incidence of ageing population drives the market growth while stringent regulatory policies restraints it.
- Key players are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which interprets the competitive outlook of the global bone cement and casting materials market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
By Material Type
- Bone Cast Materials
- Synthetic Materials
- With Cotton
- With Polyurethane
- Bone Cement Materials
- Poly Methyl Methacrylate (PMMA)
- Acrylate Based Plastics
- Calcium Sulfate
- Calcium Phosphate
- Coralline Hydroxyapatite
- North America
- Middle East
- South Africa