Bone densitometer is an advanced form of X-ray technology that is used for the measurement of bone loss. Bone loss is measured by using established bone mineral density measuring standards. This procedure is used for the diagnosis of osteopenia, osteoporosis, and risk assessment of an individual for developing fractures. Increase in prevalence of osteoporosis and osteopenia worldwide has fueled the demand for bone densitometers. In addition, various beneficial factors offered by these devices such as simplicity in usage, relatively short duration, noninvasive nature, and no requirement for anesthesia make them a reliable procedure for measuring bone loss.
The growth of the global bone densitometer systems market is driven by increase in prevalence of osteoporosis & other bone-related problems, growth in geriatric population, rise in awareness towards osteoporosis, and increase in medical tourism for the treatment of bone-related problems. However, conflict about the usefulness of bone densitometer for individual clinical decision-making restrains the growth of the market.
The report segments the bone densitometer systems market on the basis of technology, end user, and geography. Based on technology, the market is bifurcated into axial bone densitometry and peripheral bone densitometry. The axial bone densitometry segment is further classified into dual energy X-ray absorptiometry and quantitative computed tomography, while the peripheral bone densitometry segment is categorized into single energy X-ray absorptiometry, dual energy X-ray absorptiometry, radiographic absorptiometry, quantitative ultrasound, and peripheral quantitative computed tomography. By end user, the market is divided into hospitals and clinics. Geographical breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Product innovation and ongoing R&D activities to develop advanced technologies boost the growth of the market. The market landscape is highly competitive, owing to presence of international and regional players. The competition is fierce due to the consolidated nature of the market with top three players reporting to occupy major share in the market. The key players in the market are adopting various strategic moves to sustain the intense competition.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as GE Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Osteosys Co. Ltd, Beammed Ltd., Diagnostic medical System SA, and Swissray International, Inc. BeamMed Ltd, Lone Oak Medical Technologies, LLC, CooperSurgical, Inc, and CompuMed, Inc. are provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global bone densitometer systems market.
- In-depth analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations form 2017 to 2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global bone densitometer systems market is provided
- An in-depth analysis of government regulations within the bone densitometer systems market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help to understand the behavior of the market
Bone Densitometer Systems Market Key Segments:
- Axial Bone Densitometry
- Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry
- Quantitative Computed Tomography
- Peripheral Bone Densitometry
- Single Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry
- Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry
- Radiographic Absorptiometry
- Quantitative Ultrasound
- Peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography
By End User
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA