Bone mineral density is the amount of bone mineral in bones, which is measured by an X-ray. A bone mineral density test is performed when bones become weaker, which may result in osteoporosis or fractures. These tests are noninvasive, painless, and require no administration of medication.
The global bone mineral testing market is driven by rise in prevalence of bone-related diseases, increase in geriatric population, rise in awareness of diagnostic testing, and sedentary lifestyle, which leads to deficiency of vitamin D. However, high cost of these tests and limited reimbursements impede the market growth. Furthermore, development of point-of-care (POC) diagnostic tests, and support from government and non-profit organizations in increasing awareness about these tests are expected to present numerous opportunities for market development in the near future.
The global bone mineral testing market is segmented based on test type, application, end user, and region. Based on test type, it is bifurcated into bone marker tests and immunoassay. Bone marker tests are further segmented into C-telopeptide marker test, P1NP marker test, N-telopeptide marker test, osteocalcin test, and others. The immunoassay segment is further divided into enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), radioimmunoassay (RIA), and chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA). The application segment includes hyperparathyroidism, hypoparathyroidism, osteoporosis, Paget's disease, and others. Based on end user, the market is divided into hospitals, clinics, reference laboratories, and others. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, DiaSorin S.p.A., bioMrieux SA, Abbott Laboratories, Quidel Corporation, Siemens AG, Alere Inc., Beckman Coulter Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., and Calbiotech, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global bone mineral testing market with current trends and future estimations from 2016 to 2023 to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Bone Mineral Testing Market Key Segments:
By Test Type
- Bone marker test
- C-Telopeptide Marker Test
- P1NP Marker Test
- N-Telopeptide Marker Test
- Osteocalcin Test
- Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Radioimmunoassay (RIA)
- Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA)
- Paget's Disease
By End User
- Reference Laboratories
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA