Bottle Blow Molding Market Outlook - 2026
Blow molding is a process of manufacturing hollow plastic objects. It includes formation of a molten tube called parison or preform from a thermoplastic material, which is then placed in a mold cavity and inflated with compressed air, to attain shape of the cavity, finally the bottle is cooled down before its removal from the mold. The blow molding process can be used for any thermoplastic with one opening. Bottle blow molding is widely used in manufacturing polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles, which is the most commonly used plastic polymer, high density polyethylene (HDPE), low density polyethylene (LDPE), polypropylene plastic (PP), polyvinyl chloride plastic (PVC), polyethylene terephthalate glycol (PETG), and many other types of resins. The blow molding process can be carried out by using different methods namely, extrusion blow molding, injection blow molding, and stretch blow molding. The processes can be carried out in either a single stage or in two stages.
The increase in demand for plastic bottles is a major driver for the bottle blow molding market. The need for more durable, low cost, and easy to manufacture products leads to the growth of plastic bottle manufacturing. Moreover, the surge in the carbonated soft drink and packaged drinking water market will require manufacturing of plastic bottles and thereby, drive the bottle blow molding industry. In addition, similar industries such as alcohol, milk, medicines, and household chemicals also drive the bottle blow molding market.
Rise in plastic pollution and inadequate recycling facilities restrain the growth of the plastic bottle manufacturing industries. Also, government regulations against single-use plastic bottles directly limit the market growth. Furthermore, the production cost of plastic bottles also restrain the market, as manufacturing in bulk is economical but low quantity manufacturing can get quite expensive.
The future opportunities in the developing Asian countries such as India and China show better growth for the plastic bottle manufacturing industry. For example, the packaged drinking water market in India was valued at $2.72 billion in 2017, which clearly indicates the growth in demand for PET bottle manufacturing as well.
Although plastic pollution hinders the growth of the bottle blow molding machine market, continuous new advancements in the plastic industry are expected to boost its growth in the future. For instance, alternative for PET, Bio-PET also called biodegradable polyethylene, can turn out to be a great opportunity for the growth of the bottle manufacturing market. Bio-PET is manufactured from plant-based MEG (Mono Ethylene Glycol) instead of petroleum-based MEG. This is expected to motivate the growth of Bio-PET bottle production and positively affect the bottle blow molding market.
The global bottle blow molding market is segmented on the basis of manufacturing process, machine type, and region. According to the manufacturing process, the market is divided into extrusion molding, injection molding, and stretch molding. By machine type, it is classified into automatic and semi-automatic. By region, it is segregated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further categorized into different key countries, respectively.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the key players such as Milacron, Global Pet Industries, Best Crown, Deprag Schulz, Blow Enterprises, Pet All Manufacturing Inc., Wilmington Machinery, Polymechplast Machines Ltd., Jomar Corp., and Parker Plastic Machinery Co. Ltd.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global bottle blow molding market.
- In-depth analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2019 and 2026.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided. For instance, the growth in carbonated drinks and packaged drinking water market and increased growth of these industries in India and China is expected to drive the global bottle blow molding market. However, government regulations against plastic and inadequate recycling facilities are likely to be major restraints for the market.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions is provided that determines the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
- Key market players within the bottle blow molding market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global bottle blow molding market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
By Manufacturing Process
- Extrusion Molding
- Injection Molding
- Stretch Molding
By Machine Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia- Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East