Positron emission tomography (PET) is used for neurological applications due to the vast advantages of providing 3-dimensional imaging of physiologic, functional, molecular tests with high resolution. Despite the advantage of imaging and covering the whole brain, the images captured by PET technology lack low sensitivity, insufficient attenuation, spatial resolution, and need to scatter correction. Therefore, to overcome these hurdles, PET devices are combined with various other imaging devices like magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for precise and accurate correspondence to pathologic changes and anatomic structures.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Brain PET-MRI Systems Market
- The outbreak of COVID-19 is likely to have a moderate impact on the market in the forecast period. Research and development activities are to identify the threat of SARS-CoV-2 virus on the patients suffering are likely to slow the brain PET-MRI systems market growth.
- As a result of social distancing and localized curfews have resulted in delayed treatment procedures. In addition, visa cancellations have led to a hiatus in medical tourism and can negatively impact the healthcare services market growth.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Integration of MRI with PET is considered to be one of the most advanced hybrid imaging systems in the field of neurology. Presence of MRI modalities for assessing metabolic and physiologic parameters like edema, vascular supply, perfusion, perfusion and functional activation and MRI effectiveness in imaging the morphology of the brain is predicted to contribute with the PET systems. Therefore, combined information from PET and MRI hybrid imaging systems are used in the enhanced diagnosis of disorders related to neurology.
Brain PET-MRI systems have brought new opportunities in multidimensional parametric neuroimaging with simultaneously observing biochemical and physiological processes of the brain. Therefore, the use of the device with its installation is increasing in various medical settings. According to an article by NCBI in 2017, nearby 30 PET-MRI scanners were installed in U.S Also, companies are carrying out studies to understand the effectiveness of the scanners of MRI-PET on animals as well as humans.
Brain PET-MRI systems for the pre-clinical and clinical image is gradually increasing, which on the other side is creating an opportunity for players to invest in the market.
For example, Aspect Imaging partnered with Seoul National University to launch Preclinical PET-MRI Complete Solutions in New York at World Molecular Imaging Congress. This system was made by merging Aspect Imaging’s M7 compact MRI & SNU novel PET insert “SimPET”. Availability of this device commercially is useful for scientists to do research studies in different fields including neurology.
Despite different advantages provided by the PET-MRI systems in the field of neurology, the evolution of this device involves many challenges. The major challenges faced during combining PET-MRI units are proper construction of PET-MRI system, placing PET system with photomultiplier tubes (PMTs), and development of attenuation maps for PET images. PET detector elements are likely to create issues around the magnetic field and therefore impact the performance of the device. Therefore, challenges facing the development of an effective PET-MRI system may impact the growth of the brain PET-MRI systems market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global brain PET-MRI systems market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global brain PET-MRI systems market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global brain PET-MRI systems market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global brain PET-MRI systems market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Brain PET-MRI Systems Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the brain PET-MRI systems market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Brain PET-MRI Systems Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Cubresa Inc., MR Solutions, GE Healthcare., Aspect Imaging, Siemens Healthineers AG, Mediso Ltd., Koninklijke Philips N.V.