Brake Caliper Market outlook – 2027
The rising need for safety has accelerated the implementation of disc brakes in vehicle. The brake caliper has a vital role to play in disc brake system. The caliper is the covering mounted on the vehicle’s brake pad and piston. The primary function of brake caliper is to support the brake pads on either side of the rotor. Moreover, the brake caliper uses pistons to convert pressure exerted on the brake fluid by the master cylinder into friction on the rotor. When the brake pedal is pushed, the brake fluid creates pressure on the pistons present inside brake caliper. This, in turn, forces the pads against the brake rotor to decrease the speed of the car.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The automotive industry has been impacted heavily due to factory closures due to COVID-19.
- Additionally, the demand side of automotive and automotive component market has been affected due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- Besides, disruption in supply chain has impacted the brake caliper market.
- Just-in-time manufacturing process have gained significant importance across the globe.
- Automakers are manufacturing facemasks and other requirement for COVID-19 to restart the global economy.
- As most of the brake caliper manufacturers are dependent on the sales of vehicles, the market is hampered due to the pandemic.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Rise in demand for disc brakes in vehicles is propagating the market demand of brake calipers. Besides, increase in production capacities of automobile manufacturers and rise in sales of vehicles is fueling the brake caliper market. Additionally, rising consumer attraction towards safety and comfort of vehicle is driving the market growth of brake caliper. Moreover, the increasing research and development activities coupled with new product launches is proliferating the brake caliper market. However, development of efficient and cost-effective braking alternative to disc brake is anticipated to hamper the market growth. Further, increasing adoption of brake calipers in two-wheeler segment is propelling the market growth.
The brake caliper market trends are as follows:
3D printing to gain traction
With rise in complexity of automotive components, the use of 3D printing technology has gained momentum in recent years. The 3D printed extrudes molten plastic through tiny nozzle which moves with the command from computer. Moreover, the 3D printing has wide range of advantages than casted parts and offer better quality parts. Due to these advantages, manufacturers of brake calipers have initiated the use of 3D printing for manufacturing. For instance, in 2018, Bugatti developed a 3D-printed titanium brake caliper.
Rising adoption of aluminum to foster the market growth
Light weighting of vehicles has been major challenge for automakers. Moreover, the vehicle with lighter parts offer high fuel efficiency and lesser emission. Besides, the developing electrification of vehicles have high requirement of light parts. This, in turn, has increased the use of aluminum in auto components, including brake caliper. In 2018, Akebono Brake Industry Co. Ltd. developed world’s first new construction brake calipers with the use of aluminum. Besides, the brake calipers present enhanced functionality and visually appealing design.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the brake caliper industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed brake caliper market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the brake caliper market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the Brake Caliper market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Brake Caliper Market Report Highlights
By Piston Material
By Manufacturing process
By Vehicle type
By Sales channel
Key Market Players
Brembo S.p.A, Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd, Robert Bosch., TRW Automotive, Mando Corp, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Wilwood Engineering, Inc., WABCO, Akebono Brake Industry Co. Ltd., Continental AG