Brake Friction Market Outlook - 2027
Brake friction deals with developing the products that assist in either stopping or reducing the speed of the vehicle. Automotive brake friction products comprise various products such as brake pad, brake drum, brake shoe, disc, and liner. Brake pads consist of asbestos or semi-steel plated back facing the brake disc. Brake pads convert the kinetic energy into mechanical energy, which assists the vehicle in stopping. Furthermore, disc brake system consists of two brake pads in the caliper, which is mounted on the disc. In addition drum brake products, such as brake shoes, push outward and stop the motion of the brake drum.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Significant fall in demand for automobiles and restriction of cash have affected the brake friction market.
- COVID-19 has rapidly affected resulted in no use of vehicles, thus resulting in decline in growth of the brake friction market.
- COVID-19 resulted in no traffic and no demand for brake friction.
- COVID-19 pandemic has slowed down the process of production, which is expected to restart only when the situation becomes stable.
- Lockdown and low disposable income of people have reduced the serving or changing of brake pads, which led to the decline in the growth of the brake friction market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The significant factors that impact the growth of the brake friction market are increase in vehicle production and increase in use of brakes due to traffic congestion. Moreover, improving life of brakes friction products to influence the demand for replacement unit and advancements in brake technologies to eradicate the use of friction material hamper the growth of the brake friction market. Furthermore, rise in demand for electric and hybrid vehicles and use of lightweight material in brake friction products are expected to fuel in the growth of the brake friction market.
Increase in vehicle production
Brake is a main component of every vehicle that stops or slows down the vehicles. Increase in production of vehicles leads to increase in requirement for brake components, thereby driving the growth of the market. In addition, more use of brakes reduces the brake shoe size, power and leads to quick change thus resulting in the growth of the brake friction market.
Increase in use of brakes due to traffic congestion
With increase in traffic congestion, use of brakes increases while driving. More use of breaks hampers the brake pads and reduces the breaking power. When the braking power reduces, there is a high demand for change of brake pads of brake shoes. Therefore, changing the brake increases the demand for brakes pads, thereby resulting in the growth of the brake friction market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the brake friction market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the brake friction market share.
- The current market is analyzed to highlight the brake friction market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the brake friction market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Brake Friction Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Disc Material
By Vehicle Type
Key Market Players
Delphi, Tenneco, Federal-Mogul, Akebono Brake Industries, Nisshinbo Holding, Aisin Seiki, Robert Bosch, Miba, SGL Group, Brembo