A membrane is a thin, flexible sheet of material that can form a lining or barrier. The breathable membrane refers to a semi-porous sheet or foil that exchanges water vapor and prevents the diffusion of liquid water. The breathable membrane keeps water out of the roof structure and ensures cool and warm ventilation. It can also be used as a secondary protective layer to prevent external pollution such as dust and rain, thereby protecting the structure from damage. High humidity in buildings can cause serious problems such as mold growth, damp stains, corrosion, deterioration, and poor insulation; however, these problems can be solved by using breathable membranes.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Breathable membrane market is making a significant place as the product have demand from the various other industries as an important majorly used product due to its versatility and adaptability which help market to grow globally.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
At the beginning of 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic began to spread around the world. Millions of people worldwide are infected with the COVID-19 disease. The major economies in the world have issued permanent bans and ordered to stop operations. Most life support industries have been hit hard, and thus breathable membrane industry has also been hit hard.
Due to the lockdown in major parts of the world, the manufacturing unit faced lack of manpower for production work.
Due to pandemic, the construction industry has seen a decline which leads to a significant downfall in the market
Since the world is moving out of pandemic, the government is committed to promoting energy-efficient buildings and minimizing the energy consumption of infrastructure, continuing to contribute to significant market growth.
Top Impacting Factors
- The continuous growth of the construction industry and increased awareness of protecting construction resources from additional moisture are the main factors driving the demand for breathable membranes.
- Office and residential infrastructure consumption is another driver of growth. Due to its waterproof properties, breathable membrane is often used in areas with heavy rain, heavy snow, and high moisture content in the atmosphere.
- Breathable membranes help improve thermal efficiency and reduce energy consumption in buildings, as they are increasingly used as ceilings, as well as wall and floor cladding. This factor should promote market prosperity in upcoming years.
- Due to the use of breathable membranes in construction industry, fluctuations in raw material prices and increase in wall thickness are some of the factors that are expected to inhibit market growth during speculation.
- The biggest opportunities are in geographical areas with extreme climatic conditions, where the demand for wooden structures made of concrete and steel is growing. The demand for ultra-dense high-performance membranes is driving the global business of breathable membranes.
- The fluctuations in the prices of raw materials such as polyethylene and polypropylene resins in Europe and other countries pose a major challenge to the overall growth of the global breathable film business.
New Product launches to flourish the market
- In October 2019, The North Face released its first waterproof Future-light. After three years of development, the technology uses nano-spinning technology to form nano-sized holes in the fabric membrane to provide unparalleled air permeability. This allows air to flow through the material. The company explained that it will provide more ventilation while maintaining a complete seal.
- In January 2019, TLX Insulation launched the world's first bat-friendly breathable membrane. So far, only asphalt 1F felt pads have been used to find bats on the roof. Houses with uninsulated 1-layer felt roofs can emit up to 10 tons of carbon dioxide each year through the building structure.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Breathable Membrane industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Breathable Membrane market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Breathable Membrane market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Breathable Membrane market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Breathable Membrane Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Breathable Membrane market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Breathable Membranes Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Sungod Technology Co., Ltd, Low & Bonar PLC, Saint-Gobain SA, Porelle Membranes., Knauf Insulation, Riwega Srl GmbH, Klober, Dupont De Nemours Inc., Soprema Group, Kingspan Group PLC