The global broad Ion beam technology market size is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. Broad ion beam technology is a technologically advanced method, which is mostly used across material science and semiconductor industry. Similarly, it is progressively used in the biological field for the purpose of ablation and deposition of materials in surgical as well as for site-specific analysis. Broad ion beams technology is used for the purpose of conventional thinning, polishing, ion etching depth profiling, and cutting. There are many benefits of broad ion beam technology such as high run-to-run process repeatability, maximum flexibility, high surface quality excellent uniformity, minimal scattering, and minimal optical losses.
The global broad ion beam technology market share is segmented on the basis of type, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the market is further bifurcated into thin film deposition, infrared sensors, multilayer film deposition, and optical multilayers. Based on application, the market is divided into semiconductor, MOEMS, Optics, MEMS, and others. Based on end-user, the report segments the market into chemical & petrochemical, oil & gas, energy & power, automotive, food & beverages, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the global market is analyzed across North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and rest of LATAM), and the Middle East and Africa.
Key players of the global broad ion beam technology market analyzed in the report include Panasonic Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Emerson Electric Company, ABB Ltd., NXP Semiconductors, Microchip Technology Incorporated, ABB Limited, On Semiconductor, Maxim Integrated.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The broad ion beam technology market growth is driven by the lesser cost of fabrication using broad ion beam milling. Broad ion beam milling is an additional type of ion beam lithography, which uses low energy noble gas ion beams such as helium and argon. In addition, broad ion beam milling techniques are being widely used to shine samples for transmission electron microscope (TEM). Moreover, increasing application of broad ion beam technology in nano machining is also predicted to create a better opportunity for various broad ion beam equipment manufacturers in the coming years during the forecast period. The powerful and large ion sources are the major component in case of neutral gas injectors for the fusion devices. The broad beam ion sources are being applied for the electrically powered spacecraft propulsion. The most important factor for the demand for broad ion beam technology is operational complications. However, lack in the awareness of advanced technologies across end-user industries may restrain the growth of the broad ion beam technology market.
Growing application in nano-electron microscope to drive the market
The global broad ion beam technology market growth is increasing stronger with passing time. The robust growth observed in the market is supported by various factors. For instance, fabrication incurs lower cost if it is done using broad ion beam milling. In this process, low energy noble gas ion beams, such as argon and helium, are used. In the last couple of years, the demand for broad ion beam milling has significantly increased due to its use for re-shining samples for the transmission electron microscope. The application of broad ion beam technology has considerably increased over the years and these applications have highlighted several concepts such as very low energy ion beam can lessen physical spluttering in reactive etching and using multiple targets to splutter can deposit compound and alloy. The market can significantly benefit from rising awareness of such concepts. Use of broad beam ion sources in electrically powered spacecraft propulsion is expected to endorse that the growth for the broad ion beam technology market remains steady through the forecast period.
Innovations in MEMs to drive significant market growth
The broad ion beam technology market has been segmented based on type, application, and industry vertical. By application, the broad ion beam market is segmented into semiconductor, MEMS, MOEMS, optics, and others. Innovations in microelectromechanical systems, photovoltaic solar cells, and the semiconductor industry have spurred the market growth in the thin-film market. Therefore, the global broad ion beam technology market share is likely to exhibit strong growth in the coming years.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- To subdue the spread of COVID–19, respective governments have shutdown day-to-day business operations by implementing full-scale lockdown. Labor shortages and delays in project completion are a few factors plaguing the global broad ion beam technology industry resulting in a decline in the production.
- The global broad ion beam technology market revenue has been significantly impacted by the outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which have significant demand for the RFID tags.
- The global factories have struggled to manufacture and assemble new devices as workers have stayed in their homes and even the already available devices in various warehouses cannot be transported due to current rules & regulations, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on broad ion beam technology market revenue is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for these products are gradually going to increase.
- This is expected to provide opportunities for companies to think about ways of increasing production, research about technologies, and improve current products.
- Companies take the initiative to introduce a new type of production line where they follow social distancing.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global broad ion beam technology market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global broad ion beam technology market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global broad ion beam technology market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the broad ion beam technology market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Broad Ion Beam Technology Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Bruker Corporation, Shimadzu Corporation, Jeol Ltd., DELTEC Technologies Corporation, ULVAC Technologies Inc., FEI Company, Carl Zeiss AG, Oxford Instruments, Quantumbeam Corporation, OptoElectronics Co., Ltd.