Bronchitis is an inflammation of the lining of bronchial tubes, which carry air to and from lungs. People suffering from bronchitis often cough up thick mucus. Bronchitis may be either acute or chronic. Acute bronchitis also called a chest cold, is commonly developed through cough and cold, which usually improves within a week to 10 days without lasting effects, although the cough may prevail for few weeks. Estimated 5% of the general population reports an occurrence of acute bronchitis yearly in the U.S. However, chronic bronchitis, is a more serious condition, where there is a constant irritation or inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, which requires medical attention. Chronic bronchitis is also included in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) conditions.
The common pathogens causing bronchitis are respiratory syncytial virus, Influenza virus A and B, Parainfluenza, rhinovirus, and similar viruses. For the people with smoking habits and people involved in passive inhalation, both along with the ones having history in respiratory diseases such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, or bronchiectasis have a higher chance of developing chronic bronchitis. Exposure to toxic chemicals, pollutants such as ammonia and sulfur dioxide have a higher risk of developing chronic bronchitis. Often it is observed that, people having allergy problems to pollens, dusts also develop acute bronchitis.
COVID – 19 scenario analysis:
- Due to the COVID – 19 outbreak, majority of healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations have concentrated on diagnostics kits, safety wearables (PPE kits, face shields, masks) and treatment therapies and medication against Novel coronavirus
- R&D labs are also focusing on finding a breakthrough vaccine against Novel coronavirus
- In addition, the medical professionals are engaged in providing COVID-19 related services, as a result, other healthcare segments have to face negligence
- Moreover, people suffering with bronchitis are required to take special precautions as bronchitis being one of the conditions listed under COPD and carry a very high predisposition of getting infected with novel coronavirus making the condition worst
- Bronchitis doesn’t cause COVID-19, however patient having chronic bronchitis would be very sick is if gets infected with novel coronavirus which would possibly lead to fatal outcomes
- Hence people with lung affecting diseases like bronchitis are asked to stay home and further treatments are taking place via virtual clinics
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Many among those in the general population experiencing symptoms of chronic bronchitis may not have a definitive respiratory diagnosis. The increasing prevalence of chronic bronchitis is associated with increasing age, tobacco smoking, occupational exposure, and socioeconomic status. Few more factors which are playing pivotal roles in creating opportunities for the bronchitis treatment market are increase in geriatric population with increased prevalence of bronchitis, rise in habits like smoking which could be involuntary passive inhalation and increased levels of breathing toxic chemical pollutants. According to COPD foundation.org, smoking is associated with 90 percent of all COPD deaths in the United States. In addition, sedentary lifestyle and availability of better treatment for bronchitis is also fostering the growth of the Bronchitis Treatment Market. On the other hand, are hampering the growth of bronchitis treatment market.
Rising cases of bronchitis and therapeutic treatments to favor market growth in North America
Bronchitis is a leading cause of death in the U.S. affecting 16million Americans. The American Lung Association goes further by stating as many as 24 million Americans were affected due to various lung impairments, with bronchitis affecting majority of the population among them in 2016. In U.S., women have a chronic bronchitis at almost double rate of men with 5.9 million women had been diagnosed with chronic bronchitis in past 12 months. North American region is expected to grow due to factors like rising incidence of bronchitis and an increasing habits of chain-smoking in the present generation. In the region, the United States holds the largest bronchitis treatment market share due to factors such as a growing number of geriatric populations, along with an increasing number of diseases as well as healthcare spending in the country and the availability of advanced healthcare infrastructure are few of the factors, which is anticipated to stimulate the demand in this region.
Development and integration of Bronchodilators is treating bronchitis has yielded positive results. Bronchodilators are drugs that open the choked airway passages and also used for expanding the metrics of windpipe, thus enhancing the breathing of the individuals suffering from lung infections like bronchitis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).Bronchodilators are the primary medication for the treatment of bronchitis for clearing the airway obstruction, which is clinical in chronic bronchitis to relieve the patient by ensuring ease in breathing.
Chronic bronchitis segment to drive the market
Chronic bronchitis is a serious condition and long-term inflammation of the bronchi of the lungs which requires medical condition. Chronic bronchitis can be defined as a chronic productive cough lasting more than 3 months occurring within a span of 2 years. It is one of the several lung diseases attributed with high morbidity and mortality rate. Chronic bronchitis is usually caused by repetitive irritation and damage of the lungs. It has strong relation with smoking and is one of it causes. Many inhaled pollutants cause irritation to the respiratory tract such industrial pollutants, and toxic chemicals are potential for causing chronic bronchitis. Chronic gastro esophageal reflux is a well-documented but rare cause of chronic bronchitis.
As per the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention in 2018, 9 million adults were diagnosed positive for chronic bronchitis. The occurrence of chronic bronchitis in the general population has been documented to be 3% to 7% for healthy adults. However, it is estimated to be 74% among those diagnosed to have COPD. This rising number of chronic bronchitis would lead market growth.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global bronchitis treatment industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global bronchitis treatment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global bronchitis treatment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global bronchitis treatment market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Bronchitis Treatment Market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the bronchitis treatment market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the bronchitis treatment market?
- What are the projections for the future that will help in taking further strategic steps?
Bronchitis Treatment Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Melinta Therapeutics, Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis AG., AstraZeneca plc., GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Sanofi Aventis, Pfizer Inc.