Bronchodilators are used in the treatment of obstructive lung diseases by relaxing the lungs muscles and widening the airways (bronchi). They are used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD).
Increase in prevalence of pulmonary disorders, smoking, and junk food fuel the bronchodilators market growth. In addition, rise in disposable income, geriatric population, and increase in awareness of healthcare among population are anticipated to boost the market growth. However, side effects associated with bronchodilators and government regulations related to the safety & efficacy of the bronchodilators hinder the market. Ongoing R&D activities related to bronchodilators are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of diseases, drugs type, mode of action, route of administration, devices, and geography. Based on diseases, the market is categorized into asthma, COPD, and others. By drugs type, it is classified into sympathomimetics, anticholinergics, phosphodiesterase inhibitor, and combination drugs.
Based on mode of action, the market is bifurcated into long acting bronchodilators and short acting bronchodilators. On the basis of route of administration, the market is categorized into oral and parenteral. By devices, it is bifurcated into inhalers and nebulizers. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global bronchodilators market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities for the period (20172023) in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Bronchodilators Market Key Segments:
- Others (Allergic Reactions and Conditions Causing Breathing Difficulty)
By Drugs Type
- Selective Beta-2 Agonists
- Non-Selective Beta-2 Agonists
- Non-Selective Adrenergic Agonists
- Phosphodiesterase Inhibitor
- Combination Drugs
By Mode of Action
- Long Acting Bronchodilators
- Short Acting Bronchodilators
- By Route of Administration
- Drug Powder Inhalers (DPIs)
- Metered Dose Inhalers (MDIs)
- Soft Mist Inhalers (SMIs)
- Compressor Nebulizers
- Ultrasonic Nebulizers
- Mesh Nebulizers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- AstraZeneca plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Vectura Group plc
- Pfizer Inc.