Brugada syndrome is a genetic disorder in which the heart's electrical activity becomes abnormal. Therefore, it increases the risk of abnormal rhythm of heart and even sudden cardiac death. Moreover, those affected by this syndrome may have episodes of passing out. The abnormal heart rhythms in patients often occur when they are at rest. However, the abnormality can get triggered by fever. About 25% of those with Brugada syndrome have a family member who is suffering from this condition. However, some cases could be due to certain medications or a new mutation. As no cure has been found for Brugada syndrome, treatments are often focused on using an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). This condition affects between 1 and 30 per 10,000 people, and is more common among males than females.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry industries are expected to witness significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccines and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the Brugada syndrome market.
Top Impacting Factors
Alarming rise in prevalence of heart diseases is the key factor driving the growth of the global Brugada syndrome market. In addition, huge demand for treatment and diagnosis methods has positively impacted the market.
Moreover, increase has been witnessed in the availability of diagnostic services for respiratory diseases, which has significantly fueled the growth of the market. Furthermore, rise in awareness regarding such rare syndromes has enabled patients to take appropriate medical treatments, which acts as a key factor contributing toward the growth of the global market.
Furthermore, reimbursement policies offered by government and private insurance organizations in countries such as the UK, Canada, Germany, and the U.S. propels the market growth.
Other factors that contribute to the growth of the market are the influence of western culture among adults, lifestyle changes, and addiction to smoking. In addition, exposure to harmful chemicals and environmental pollution boost the market growth. However, high cost associated with the treatment of Brugada syndrome hinders market growth.
Key Market Trends
Various companies are focusing on organic growth strategies, which include product approvals, product launches, and others such as events and patents. Inorganic growth strategies that are majorly adopted by key players include partnership & collaborations and acquisitions.
These activities have paved way for the expansion of the customer base and business of market players such as GE Healthcare and GeneDx, Inc.
Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth attributed to increase in focus on the treatment of heart diseases and a huge demand for diagnostic tests. Alarming rise in environmental pollution in this region is likely to bring up more cases of heart diseases and syndromes.
The African market for Brugada syndrome exhibits a steady growth due to increase in awareness about chronic health conditions and the development of better healthcare facilities. This region has been witnessing a flourishing growth in the diagnostic devices market as well such as computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). As the awareness about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in Africa is rising, the acceptability of novel therapies is increasing among patients.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Brugada syndrome industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Brugada syndrome market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years
Questions Answered in the Global Brugada syndrome Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the Brugada syndrome market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow ?
- What are the adoption trends for Brugada syndrome in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Brugada syndrome immunotherapy?
- What is Brugada syndrome market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Brugada Syndrome Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Natera, , Inc., Novo Nordisk A/S, Salarius Pharmaceuticals, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH.,Pfizer Inc., Catalyst Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Abbott, Novartis AG, CYTOKINETICS, INC., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., AstraZeneca, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, PTC Therapeutics., Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.