Building panels are preformed construction panels used in the residential and non-residential sector. These panels are used for exterior as well as interior parts of the building. There are a variety of materials that can be used for making such panels such as wood, metals, concrete, and others. Building panels of varied sizes and shapes can be manufactured and then used further for construction purposes. The basic need for this technology arose from the growth of urbanization and industrialization in the emerging economies of the world. Building panels are advantageous over conventional construction methods as they consume less time, capital, labor and power for building. The easy installation of building panels makes it a better than other traditional construction methods, reducing the wastage of materials.
The world building panels market is expected to grow rapidly in the future considering the current scenario of the construction industry. The key driver of this market includes the increase in construction activities with increasing population, the need for better and safe housing solutions in lower cost, and reduced power, labor and time consumption for building. However, stringent government regulations on the use of certain chemicals act as restraining factor for the market.
In this report, the market is segmented on the basis of raw material, application, end-use, type, and geography. On the basis of raw material, the market can be segmented into metal, wood, plastics, concrete, silica, and foam. Building panels made of concrete have a high demand in the market as it consumes much less time and effort for installation. On the basis of application, world building panels market is segmented into residential and non-residential (commercial, industrial, and infrastructure). The residential segment accounts for the largest market share because of the increasing population in the urban areas. The market can be classified on the basis of end-use into several categories, namely, floor, roofs, walls, staircase, and beams.
On the basis of type, building panels can be categorized as concrete panels, wooden panels, structural insulated panels, and vacuum insulated panels. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Further country-wise segmentation is done in the report to give detailed information about the current scenario of the market in particular area.
The companies are making huge investment on the research and development to produce better and more reliable building panels The main aim is to make the best possible use of construction material to make building that are more safe, cost effective, along with reduction in construction time and labor. Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Panasonic Corporation, Evonik Industries AG, Saint-Gobain, CRH plc, Lafarge, Huntsman International LLC, Dow Corning Corporation, Boral Limited, Atlas International, Inc., Armstrong World Industries, Inc., and Fletcher Building Ltd. is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report contains the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends as well as future estimations through 2104-2022.
- The key driving and restraining factors and opportunities along with the impact analysis of each is mentioned in the report.
- Extensive market segmentation on the basis of raw material, application, end-use, and type are done.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions are provided that helps in determining the prevailing opportunities in these geographies
- Key market players of the world building panels market are profiled in this report. The top winning strategies of these market players are analyzed that help in understanding the competitive scenario
BUILDING PANELS MARKET SEGMENTS:
Market by Raw Material
Market by Application
Market by End-use
Market by Type
- Concrete panels
- Wooden panels
- Structural insulated panels
- Vacuum insulated panels
Market by Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of LA
- New Zealand
- Middle East & Africa
- Southern Africa
- North Africa