Business liquidation services have experienced significant growth in past, and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Business liquidation is the process of discontinuing a company by selling its assets and distributing the receivables based on priority & preference among creditors and shareholders in the market. The process of business liquidation includes appointment of a liquidator, approval of allegations, valuation of business properties, sale of assets, and allocation to selected claimants. In this case limited partners are subject to liquidation and once liquidation phase is completed, a troubled company no longer operates.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 has led to numerous uncertainties in economic activities around the globe, which has delayed bankruptcy proceedings in the U.S.
- In India, the process of liquidation is exempt from lockdown and has progressed in time.
- Such regulations in India describes that all legal proceedings for liquidations and bankruptcies would continue with no delay during the pandemic.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Rise in firm’s inabilities to pay creditors, increased bankruptcy, and companies that are facing loss are drive the business liquidation services growth. However, factors such as government regulations and rise in competition limit rise the growth of market in the market. On the contrary, rise in bankruptcies, growth in troubled businesses, and legal proceedings in business liquidation are some of the factors expected to provide lucrative opportunities in the upcoming years.
The global business liquidation services market trends are as follows:
New strategies to flourish the market:
Technology has changed the way stressed businesses liquidate their assets through online and digital platforms. Key players such as RepoMax and Strategic Auction Alliance liquidated their stressed properties of businesses via online portals in the form of auctions such as e-bay, Mercado Libre, Inc., and Ricardo. These interactive transactions promote electronic practices in different geographies and help in bringing flexibility toward business liquidation services between buyers and sellers globally. Moreover, liquidating companies have embraced electronic liquidation techniques for quicker selling at an effective price, especially among retailers and other liquidation of physical properties in the business liquidation services market.
New regulations in various regional locations:
In reaction to COVID-19, the UK Government adopted regulatory changes to current insolvency laws. These new initiatives aim at enabling businesses undertaking a rescue or bankruptcy phase to continue and escape insolvency in businesses. Furthermore, in country like India, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) regulation has been in effect since 2016. With the help of IBC, several applicants for fresh business liquidation were rescued and restructured in the country. In addition, it is estimated that 20% of the companies have been liquidated under this regulation, with taking necessary steps to rescue stressed businesses and safeguard employability across the country.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents analytical depiction of the global business liquidation services market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global business liquidation services market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
Questions answered in the business liquidation services market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the global business liquidation services market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the global business liquidation services market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global business liquidation services market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Business Liquidation Services Market Report Highlights
By Service Type
By Organization Size
Key Market Players
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, RepoMax, PwC, Ogier, Liquidity Services Inc., McKinsey & Company, KPMG International Cooperative, RBK, Ernst & Young Global Limited