Button cell is a type of single cell battery that resembles the shape of a button. The diameter of these sales ranges from 5mm to 25mm. The button cell batteries are normally used to power small electronic devices such as toys, wrist watches, pocket calculators, and others. These cells are usually disposable primary cells. The anodes on these cells are generally made above zinc or lithium and the cathodes are made up of compounds such as manganese dioxide, silver oxide, carbon monofluoride, or others.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected the growth of the global button cell market.
- Because of the global economic slowdown caused by the pandemic, the demand for electronic appliances and gadgets decrease exponentially. As a result, a severe decrease in the demand for button cell was observed in the electrical and electronic sector as well as among the consumers around the globe.
- Moreover, China was a major market for the button cell and thus the complete shutdown of the nation caused a great deal of damage to the growth of the global button cell market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
There has been a growth in disposable income among the consumers with the rise in urbanization around the world. This has caused a rise in buying powers after consumers that resulted in an increase in demand for consumer electronic products in the market. This rise in demand for electronic gadgets has played a major role in driving the growth of the button cell market around the world. The low production cost and the compact size of button cells also make it a popular choice for different electronic devices that are designed to be compact and smaller in size. Several major manufacturers are investing in significant sums of money to boost their production rate and thereby gain competitive advantage in the market. However, the low recyclability and the use of harmful chemicals in the cells are creating several concerns among many governments for their effects on the environment and this limits the market growth.
In terms of market share, the Asia-Pacific region accounts for the major share of the global button cell market. Because of the presence of a huge electrical and electronics sector in different nations of the region including India, China, and Japan. The market in North America and Europe is also expected to witness lucrative growth due to the rapid technological advancements and high demand for electronic gadgets in the developed nations of the region.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global button cell industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global button cell market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global button cell market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global button cell market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Button Cell Market Report Highlights
By Letter Code2
Key Market Players
Sony, Maxell (Hitachi), GP Batteries, Panasonic, Varta (Rayovac), Seiko, Renata Batteries (Swatch Group), Toshiba Energizer, TMMQ, EVE Energy, Camelion Battery, Vinnic, NANFU