Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT), also known as dibutyl hydroxytoluene, is as an antioxidant derived from phenol. BHT is found in bacteria such as green algae. For industrial purposes, it is produced through the reaction of 4-methyl phenol with 2-methyl propene. BHT is chiefly used as food preservative due to its antioxidant properties. In addition, it is used to avoid oxidation in industrial additive fluids such as oil and fuel.
The global butylated hydroxytoluene market has witnessed significant growth due to the expansion of cosmetics industry, as butylated hydroxytoluene is used as a stabilizer in cosmetics. Moreover, the use of butylated hydroxytoluene as an animal feed to enhance disease resistance in animals drives the market growth.
In addition, the expansion of plastic and rubber industries supplements the growth of the market. However, adverse effects of butylated hydroxytoluene on animals and humans hampers the market growth. The development of the cosmetics industry in the emerging economies such as India, Brazil, South Africa, and Middle East is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market.
The global butylated hydroxytoluene market is segmented based on application, end-user industry, and geography. On the basis of application, the market is categorized into food additives, fuel additives, industrial additives, polymeric ingredients, pesticide ingredients, cosmetic ingredients, and others. Oil & gas, food & beverages, consumer products, aerospace, automotive, and others are the applications of butylated hydroxytoluene. Based on geography, the market is classified into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Cargill Incorporated
- Caldic B.V.
- Impextraco NV
- Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals
- Perstorp Group
- Milestone Preservatives Pvt. Ltd.
- KH Chemicals
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Merisol USA LLC
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the market scenario across geographies.
Butylated Hydroxytoluene Market Segments:
- Food Additives
- Fuel Additives
- Industrial Additives
- Polymeric Ingredients
- Pesticide Ingredients
- Cosmetic Ingredients
By End-user Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverages
- Consumer Products
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA