Butylscopolamine is an anticholinergic and antimuscarinic medication, mostly in tablet form, which is used to treat disorders related to irritable bowel syndrome such as stomach cramps, abdominal pians, renal colic, or spasmodic discomforts, including esophageal spasm and bladder spasm. Along with the mentioned pains and discomforts, this drug helps to improve respiratory secretions. This is not exactly a pain medication, as it does not directly act on reducing the pain but helps to prevent the painful cramps. It acts by relaxing the muscle of the bowel or other target area.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Butylscopolamine Market (Pre and Post Analysis)
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the butylscopolamine market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in unhealthy lifestyle of the people is the reason for increasing cases of bowel disorder, which leads to the growth of butylscopolamine market.
- Increase in geriatric population results in more incidences of muscle spasm, which has further boosted the growth of the market.
- However, lack of knowledge about the medication in many countries hampers the growth of the butylscopolamine market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In 2019, European Bioinformatics Institute, an intergovernmental organization, launched butylscopolamine bromide (CHEBI:32123) to provide relief to painful stomach cramps.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the butylscopolamine industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the butylscopolamine market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the butylscopolamine report
- Who are the leading players active in the butylscopolamine market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "butylscopolamine"?
Butylscopolamine Market Report Highlights
By Therapy Type
Key Market Players
Linnea, Wolves RandD chemical, Syntree, Sandoz (Novartis), Jiangsu Ange Pharmaceutical, Wanbangde Pharmaceutical Group, OXCHEM CORPORATION, Guangdong Zhongsheng Pharmaceutical, Shandong Yijian Pharmaceutical Sigma-Aldrich, Alkaloida Corp, Parchem, AvaChem Scientific, Combi-Blocks, Boehringer Ingelheim, XI AN TIANXINGJIAN PHARMCHEM, Chengdu First Pharmaceutical