Cadmium telluride (CdTe) is obtained from telluride and cadmium. Cadmium telluride is a stable crystalline compound that is formed from cadmium and tellurium. It is used in solar cells and optical materials which are used in lenses and optical windows. It is used to convert sunlight into electricity also in photovoltaic cells. The product made from cadmium telluride requires simple manufacturing and is cheaper as compared to other materials. These products are more electro-optic coefficient than any other compounds. Hence used in electro-modulators. Cadmium telluride is used in many applications such as semiconductors, solar batteries and laboratory equipment, and many others. Cadmium telluride-based polar panels are the only first thin-film photovoltaic technology that surpassed the solar crystalline silicon.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Due to COVID-19 outbreak the market of cadmium telluride was negatively affected.
- Shut down of many industries during the COVID-19 decreases the demand for solar panels which affected the cadmium telluride market.
- The global supply chain was disrupted and the demand for solar panels decreased in many countries and affected the cadmium telluride market.
Top Impacting Factors
Demand for photovoltaic solar cells is increasing and this will increase the growth of the cadmium telluride market. The conventional energy sources are depleting, this creates more use of renewable sources and will create good opportunity for the cadmium telluride market. Renewable sources such as solar cells have cadmium as the major unit, which will drive the cadmium telluride market. The government of various countries is investing and initiating in the solar sector this will fuel up the growth of the cadmium telluride market. However, out of many opportunities, many strict regulations and the supply shortage of cadmium telluride, the low efficiency of cadmium telluride can restrain the growth of the market.
On the other hand, easy manufacturing of cadmium telluride and the availability of the excess amount of cadmium help to expand the market. The ability of cadmium telluride to absorb sunlight to its ideal wavelength can also lead to the growth of the product.
- The demand for thin-film solar cells is increasing in Europe, which will drive the growth of the cadmium telluride market in Europe.
- Also in North America, the demand is increasing for thin-film solar cells.
- Due to the developing economies in the Asia-Pacific region and the world. The cadmium telluride market will grow in upcoming years.
- The product development with increasing R&D activities in many manufacturers will boost the cadmium telluride market.
- The increase in conversion efficiency by many companies will drive the market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cadmium telluride industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the cadmium telluride market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cadmium telluride market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed cadmium telluride market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Cadmium Telluride Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the cadmium telluride market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Cadmium Telluride Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Green-tech, Janos Tech, Reel Solar and Lucintech, First Solar Inc, General Electric, Calyxo GmbH, NREL, Dmsolar LLC, Advanced Solar Power, MaTecK, Amptek, Antec Solar GmbH, Kurt J. Lesker Company,