Calcined Petcoke Market Analysis
Calcined petroleum coke (CPC) is the byproduct acquire from the coker unit in a crude oil refinery. It is mainly used to create anodes for the aluminum, steel, and titanium smelting industry. The global calcined petroleum coke market is swiftly growing across the globe owing to an increasing crude oil supply across the world. Calcined petroleum coke is also utilized as a feedstock for a wide variety of the products such as aluminum, paints, coatings, and colorings, etc. Calcined petroleum coke is a dark-colored solid material chiefly comprises of carbon, sulfur, metals, and nonvolatile inorganic compounds. It provides several benefits such as safe handling, transportation, and storage with low toxicity.
On the basis of type, the global market is divided into anode grade and needle grade. The anode grade segment is expected to hold the major share of the market, due to its excellent electrical conductivity and physical properties. Anode grade is a low-quality product with the highest content of carbon in it.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has hit almost every industry badly, but possibly the industry which has witnessed the astronomic hit is the global oil and gas industry. The spread of this virus has strained many oil and gas companies to either halt or slow down their physical operations, which has affected production in both upstream and downstream operations.
Similarly, the calcined petcoke has been affected as it is a byproduct of petroleum, and since the oil and gas industry was not functioning properly, petcoke too got affected adversely. Furthermore, the halt on production activities is expected to hinder the growth of the calcined petcoke market.
Top Impacting Factors
Escalating opportunities in the end use industry is anticipated to boost the growth of the calcined pet coke market. Enhancement of the paints & coatings, steel, fertilizer, sector, etc. are estimated to create strong possibility for growth for the market in the near time. Major players in the calcined pet coke market are planning to increase production capacity in order to fill supply-demand gap. The major manufacturers have also fascinated to enter in the long-term partnership with direct end users to enlarge their global reach. On the basis of the value chain network, efficient supply is reckoning to play a decisive role and strategic tie-ups with end-use companies and distributors can render stabilized sales.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to hold a major share in the calcined petroleum coke market in 2019, owing to the growing infrastructural activities such as building, roads, bridges and dams constructions in the countries such as India, China and Singapore Also, the population rise is resulting in the need for more residential and commercial infrastructures. The Indian government has started projects, for instance ‘100 smart cities’ and ‘Housing for All by 2022,’ which are estimated to drive the Indian residential construction market over the forecast time which will directly impact the calcine petcoke market.
- At present, the U.S. is estimated to hold the dominant position in terms of export of calcined petcoke. The low cost of calcined petroleum coke is forecasted to be a major attraction for its import since a significant quantity of power could be generated at an economical rate.
- Europe is estimated to be another major importer of calcined petcoke because of its growing demand because of the large automobile sectors and due to heavy metal work in the region. Calcined petcoke is considered as a favorable option instead of natural gas and coal in view of its timely and easy availability.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Calcined petcoke market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Calcined petcoke market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Calcined petcoke market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Calcined petcoke market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Calcined petcoke market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Calcined petcoke market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Calcined Petcoke Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Asbury Carbons, Phillips 66, Aminco Resource, OMLT-Vinmar, Sinopec Morgan Stanley, Oxbow Carbon, Alufluor, Asco battleground, Rain Carbon, Calcined Petroleum Coke Corporation