Calcium carbonate is a chemical compound of carbohydrate salt with chemical formula CaCO3. It is easily available in nature. It is used as an antacid or as a calcium supplement medicinally. It is obtained from chalk, rocks, shells, pearls, and egg. It is soluble in lactic acid, acetic acid, citric acid, and phosphoric acid. Its pH is above 6 and it is extensively used in commercial and industrial applications. It is used for producing numerous chemical compounds such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC), unsaturated polyester, polypropylene, polyethylene, and rubber.
Increase in construction activities and rise in demand from various industries, such as paper and pulp, plastic, and automotive, are driving the growth of the global calcium carbonate market. Furthermore, rise in the use of pharmaceutical industries for manufacture of medicinal tablets boost the overall market growth. Also, surge in demand in the chemical industry for producing numerous chemical compounds, also contributes toward the growth of the market. However, environmental hazards of mining limestone concerns related to calcium carbonates are expected to hinder the overall market growth. In addition, excess of calcium carbonate is hazardous to health, which can hamper the growth of the market. The development of technology in mining of calcium carbonates is anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities to the market.
The global calcium carbonate market is segmented based on type, application, and region. Based on type, the market is segmented into precipitated calcium carbonate and activated calcium carbonate. Based on application, the market is segmented into paper, plastic, PVC, rubber, toothpaste & cosmetics, paints & coatings, environment, agriculture, construction, and others. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some key players operating in this market includes IMA Europe, Chemical & Mineral Industries Pvt. Ltd., Indocal Industry, Nuberg Engineering Ltd., Imerys Industry, TCM Machinery, VMPC, ACMA, Shree Sai Calnates India Pvt. Ltd., Guangdong Qiangda New Materials Technology Co. Ltd., Società Impianti Calce S.R.L., and Others
Key Benefits for Calcium Carbonate Market:
- The calcium carbonate market size has been analyzed across all regions.
- Porter’s five forces analysis helps analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- The report outlines the current calcium carbonate market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets. The market is forecasted.
- Major countries in the region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The key drivers, restraints, and market opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The market analysis covers in-depth information of the major industry participants.
Calcium Carbonate Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
ACMA, VMPC, Nuberg Engineering Ltd., TCM Machinery, Chemical & Mineral Industries Pvt. Ltd., Imerys Industry, IMA Europe, Guangdong Qiangda New Materials Technology Co. Ltd., Shree Sai Calnates, Indocal Industry