Calcium Hypochlorite Market Analysis :
Calcium hypochlorite is a white colored inorganic compound, which is extensively used as a bleaching agent in the form that is commercially known as bleaching powder. Owing to its slow decomposition when kept in moist air, it exhibits a strong and characteristic smell of chlorine. Calcium hypochlorite is industrially manufactured by treating calcium hydroxide or slaked lime with chlorine gas. It is used across the globe majorly for sanitization and disinfecting purposes, due to the strong oxidizing properties of the hypochlorite ion.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The outbreak of the novel coronavirus pandemic has affected the global calcium hypochlorite market in a positive way.
- In the midst of the pandemic, due to no specific vaccines to counter the infection, the only way for people to keep themselves safe is to maintain proper hygiene and sanitation. This has rapidly increased the demand for calcium hypochlorite all over the world.
- Calcium hypochlorite solutions are being used to disinfect various public places such as roads and hospital premises, which has led to the rapid growth of the global calcium hypochlorite market.
- China is a major manufacturer of calcium hypochlorite in the global market. Thus, the complete shutdown of China in the midst of the pandemic has affected global market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Rise in fatalities due to water-borne diseases such as cholera and typhoid across the globe and the need for clean and safe drinking water have played an important role to drive the growth of the global calcium hypochlorite market. Being the active agent of bleaching powder, calcium hypochlorite is widely used for the purification of drinking water in the water purification plants. Presently, waste water recycling and desalination are considered to be major sources for usable fresh water. Rapid increase in desalination plants in various countries has escalated the demand for calcium hypochlorite for the water treatment processes. Moreover, calcium hypochlorite is widely used as cleaners or in detergents for cleaning and sanitation purposes. Being highly cost-effective, it is widely used in all public and private sectors for keeping their surrounding clean and disinfected.
On the other hand, being a strong oxidizing agent, calcium hypochlorite is used in paper & pulp industries as well as in agrochemical manufacturing industries. Presently, major companies that manufacture calcium hypochlorite are focusing towards developing their distribution networks and on competitive pricing for acquiring strategic advantage in the global market. For example, Tosoh China Holdings Co. Ltd., a subsidiary company of Tosoh Corporation, acquired Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation operating in Philippines to strengthen its position in the market. Moreover, Westlake Chemical Corporation acquired Axiall Corporation for $3.8 billion.
The calcium hypochlorite market is expected to grow exponentially in the Asia-Pacific region, owing to rapid urbanization of the developing countries of the region such as India and China. Rise in development activities has escalated the demand for bleaching powder for cleaning and sanitization purposes.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global calcium hypochlorite industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global calcium hypochlorite market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global calcium hypochlorite market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global calcium hypochlorite market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global calcium hypochlorite market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Calcium Hypochlorite Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Tianjin Kaifeng Chemical Co. Ltd., Nippon Soda Co. Ltd, Tosoh Corporation, Yuzhoushi Weilite Chemical Co. Ltd., Lonza Group Ltd., Sree Rayalaseema Hi-Strength Hypo Ltd., Westlake Chemical Corporation