Calcium Nitrate Market Insights and Forecast -2027
Calcium nitrate is an organic compound produced by treating limestone with nitric acid by neutralizing with ammonia. Earlier, calcium nitrate was produced by the Bir Keyland-Eyde process. Nowadays, it is produced by treating limestone in the presence of nitric acid followed by neutralization with ammonia. Calcium nitrate is a colorless salt that absorbs moisture from air and is found in tetrahydrate. It decomposes to release nitrogen dioxide (when heated above 500 degree Celsius). Agricultural grade calcium nitrate is used as fertilizer due to its high nitrate content. Fertilizer grade calcium nitrate is often regarded as double salt. Calcium nitrate is also used as an anhydrous and air-stable derivative in the urea complex. Due to its significant pre-conditioning property, calcium nitrate finds its application in water treatments for odor emission. It is also used as an accelerating agent for settling concrete admixtures. Moreover, owing to its excellent coagulant property, calcium nitrate is used as a coagulant for latex production. Hence, all such factors are anticipated to propel the market growth.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Owing to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the global calcium nitrate market is expected to witness a slowdown, owing to decline in demand and supply chain disruptions.
- The calcium nitrate market industry in China has to suffer from huge economic crisis. This is expected to make the market witness a downfall in Asia-Pacific.
- Chemical industries have been negatively impacted due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Fertilizer manufacturing units have also experienced a decrease in productivity rates and demand. This may cause the calcium nitrate market to experience a downfall in the future.
- However, growth in the agricultural sector is expected due to various government funds issued for fertilizer industries where calcium nitrate is used extensively. This may propel growth of the market post the COVID-19 scenario.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Rise in waste-water treatment facilities and increase in awareness for sustainability where calcium nitrate is used as a pre-conditioning agent propels growth of the calcium nitrate market. Rise in demand for eco-friendly fertilizers to increase yield and productivity of crops where calcium nitrate is majorly used is expected to propel growth of the calcium nitrate market. However, agglomeration problems related to calcium nitrate processing in reactors hamper growth of the calcium nitrate market. In addition, high research and development costs to enhance properties of calcium nitrate also hinders growth of the calcium nitrate market. Conversely, owing to its sustainable and eco-friendly nature, dependency on urea and ammonia-based fertilizers (causing harm to the environment) may decrease. This is expected to create new opportunities for the calcium nitrate market in the agricultural sector. In addition, large-scale infrastructure projects in developing countries where calcium nitrate is used as settling agent for concrete and mortar admixtures creates lucrative opportunities for the calcium nitrate market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global calcium nitrate market along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the calcium nitrate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the calcium nitrate market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competition and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global calcium nitrate market research report:
- What is the CAGR of the calcium nitrate market?
- Which are the leading players active in the global calcium nitrate market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of calcium nitrate market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
Calcium Nitrate Market Report Highlights
By Process Type
Key Market Players
Sterling Chemicals, Swiss Formulations India, Seeds Pvt Ltd., GFS Chemicals Inc., Rural Liquid Fertilizers (RLF), Vardhaman Fertilizers, Prathista Industries Limited, Haifa Chemicals Ltd., Yara International ASA, Agrium Inc., Uralchem Holding PLC, Shanxi Jiaocheng Tianlong Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.