Calcium Silicate Market Insights and Forecast -2027
Calcium silicate is a chemical compound with the formula Ca2SiO4. It occurs naturally as a mineral known as larnite in limestone and diatomaceous earth. Calcium silicate can be produced synthetically by reacting calcium oxide and silica at different ratios. It has various significant properties such as free-flowing, low bulk density, high thermal insulation, and high-water absorption capacity. It is also known as calcium ortho-silicate. In addition, owing to its thermal resistance property, calcium silicate is used in high-temperature insulation operations in asbestos fibers. It is also used in passive fire protection for roof tiles. In modern theme-based architecture, calcium silicates find their application in spray fireproofing plasters (mostly manufactures in North America and Europe). As calcium silicate is chemically stable, it is used as sealant for roads and eggshells. Calcium silicate is one of the important raw materials for cement manufacturing. It is denoted by E552 as an E number reference. Moreover, calcium silicate is used to provide sufficient nutrients to crops such as sugarcane and rice, which require a good source of silicon.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Temporary shutdown of industries where calcium silicate minerals are used for different purposes such as stabilizing agents, and insulation has led to decline in demand and supply chain of the calcium silicate market.
- Shortage in supply of calcium silicates during the COVID-19 pandemic due to less productivity rate is expected to increase the price of calcium silicate, hence would act as restrain in growth of the calcium silicate market.
- Owing to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, calcium silicate industries have been hard hit due to supply chain disruptions and health of workforce.
- However, expansion in pharmaceutical industries is expected to increase demand for calcium silicate as raw material to be used in medicines for different pharmaceutical purposes.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Rise of infrastructural activities in developing countries such as India, China, and Afghanistan, where calcium silicate is used as a sealant in road construction is expected to propel growth of the calcium silicate market. Awareness of harmful effects of toxic-materials such as asbestos where calcium silicate is used as insulation (for reducing harmful effects) is also expected to increase demand for calcium silicate. In addition, rise in eco-friendly remediation of acid mine drainage in developing countries such as the U.S., Switzerland, and Australia where calcium silicate is used extensively also propels growth of the calcium silicate market. However, calcium silicate if exposed beyond a certain permissible level may cause health disorders such as redness of eyes, skin eruptions, and throat scratches. Certain regulatory bodies such as NIOSH, EAPFP, and OSHA have laid various restrictions that hamper growth of the calcium silicates market. Conversely, technical advancements in use of calcium silicates in medicines to improve bone structures among children and elders is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the calcium silicate market in the pharmaceutical sector.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global calcium silicate market along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the calcium silicate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the calcium silicate market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competition and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global calcium silicate market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the global calcium silicate market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of the calcium silicate market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
- What are the emerging key segments in the calcium silicate market?
- What are the major changes and assessments in calcium silicate market dynamics?
Calcium Silicate Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
MLA Group of Companies, Johns Manville Corporation, 2K Technologies, HIL Limited, Skamol A/S, Promat International NV, Ramco Industries Ltd., American Elements Corporation, Bee Chems, Weifang Hong Yuan Chemical Co., Ltd.