Calcium Tartrate Market Insights and Forecast - 2027
Calcium tartrate is a calcium salt of L-tartaric acid, which is most commonly found in grapes. Calcium tartrate is formed as a by-product in the wine industry, which is prepared by fermentation of wine dregs. It is also known as calcium L-tartrate. Solubility of calcium tartrate decreases with low temperature and hence it forms a white crystalline cluster as a precipitate in powdered form. Calcium tartrate is used as an intermediate product for production of tartaric acid. It is used to stabilize dissolved natural salts such as manganese, copper, iron, potassium, and calcium that are present in wines. It is used as a stabilizer and as a preservative for packed vegetables, fruits, and deodorization of fish. Calcium tartrate has two asymmetric carbons, two chiral isomers, and a non-chiral isomer in its mono form. It also acts as an acidity regulator in various food and beverage items.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The trade restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic hamper demand and supply chain of the calcium tartrate market.
- China, the leading manufacturer of calcium tartrate, was first to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to decline in the supply of calcium tartrate due to huge economic loss and decrease in manpower.
- However, awareness regarding hygiene for packed food items where calcium tartrate is used as a preservative is expected to propel growth of the calcium tartrate market post-COVID-19 scenario.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Growth in the food and beverages industry where calcium tartrate is used as a preservative propels growth of the calcium tartrate market. Rise in awareness for health and food hygiene for packed food items where calcium tartrate is widely used to impart freshness in food items is expected to propel growth of the calcium tartrate market. Moreover, rise in production of tartaric acid where calcium tartrate is used as a major raw material is expected to lead the calcium tartrate market to witness a significant growth. However, addition of calcium tartrate in a certain group of wines reduces their stability, which hampers growth of the calcium tartrate market in the wine. Conversely, technical advancements in enzyme technology of calcium tartrate to enhance significant properties for making it suitable to be used as an intermediate for medicines such as antacids is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global calcium tartrate market along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the calcium tartrate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the calcium tartrate market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competition and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global calcium tartrate market research report:
- What is the CAGR of the calcium tartrate market?
- Which are the leading players active in the global calcium tartrate market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of calcium tartrate market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
Calcium Tartrate Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Vinicius, Inc., Chem & Pol Sp. z, The Tartaric Chemicals Corporation, Derivados Vinicos S.A., American Tartaric Products Inc, Caviro Soc. coop. Agricola, Changmao Biochemical Engineering Company Ltd., Tarcol S.A., Brenn-O-Kem, Giovanni Randi Spa