An IP-PBX is a PBX phone system that manages call switching, routes calls, and handles other messaging via IP (Internet Protocol) data networks. IP-PBX technology includes advanced communication features such as voicemail-to-email, but it also offers scalability and the ability to connect to traditional PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Service) lines, eliminating the need to switch carriers. An IP-PBX business phone system is made up of one or more IP phones, an IP-PBX server, and an optional VoIP gateway for connecting to existing PSTN lines. The IP-PBX server works in the same way as a hosted VoIP proxy server, but it is usually on-premises, connecting SIP clients, which can be soft phones or hardware-based IP-Phones. The IP-PBX server creates a directory of registered IP-Phones and their corresponding SIP addresses, and connects LAN calls or routes outgoing calls to a VoIP gateway or a VoIP service provider.
The global Call Control (PBX-IP PBX) market forecast is segmented on the basis of Product, Application, and Region. Based on Product, the market is divided into IP Extensions and TDM Extensions. In terms of application, the market is categorized into Commercial, Industrial, and Others. Geographically, the market is analysed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 impact analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has a negative impact on the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market share as during the pandemic, there has been a decrease in demand for call control services. Organizations are emphasizing the recruitment of experienced and skilled employees as health and wellness became primary focus areas. In response to the pandemic, many countries around the world have implemented strict lockdowns, disrupting business operations. People are becoming significantly more isolated as a result of increased restrictions on public meetings and travel. Due to supply chain delays, stock market instability, halting of airlines, and business dealing in the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market analysis business are also feeling the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic. It has directly impacted production and demand for call control (PBX-IP PBX) industry, causing supply chain and market disruption. As airports are shut down due to lockdown restrictions, the use of call control (PBX-IP PBX) is halted, thereby negatively impacting the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market size.
Top impacting factors
The increase in number of organizations around the world is a critical factor accelerating the market growth, and is also one of the major factors boosting the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market opportunity. Furthermore, technological advancements and modernization in communication systems as well as increase in demand from emerging economies will create new opportunities for the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market during the forecast period. However, the threat of new entrants, the threat of substitutes and the degree of competition are the major factors restraining market growth and will further challenge the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market growth during the forecast period.
New product launches to flourish the market
G12 Communications, a national leader in creating cloud communications services, had added Microsoft Connect to Teams IP PBX Service in February 2021. Customers with existing phone systems can easily and affordably migrate to Microsoft Teams and enable PSTN calling with the new Connect to Teams IP PBX Service. G12 offers a solution for all customers who want to transition to Microsoft Teams, whether they want to integrate with a Cloud PBX service, an IP PBX system, require Direct Routing, or make a full transition to Microsoft Teams. G12's Connect to Teams portfolio G12's gives customers the flexibility needed to migrate to cloud-based voice services for Microsoft Teams. In Feb 2021, VitalPBX, an Asterisk-based business telephony and communications system, launched a unified communications system for businesses. The VitalPBX VitXi provides a set of tools that allow businesses to communicate regardless of where they are located. The solution enables businesses to use a WebRTC-based soft-phone in their browser with features such as chat, file-sharing, and audio or video calls.
Surge in usage in business sector
The PBX's original mission was to provide shared access to limited resources. Instead of having a separate phone line for each phone, a company could share a small pool of lines among a much larger number of stations. When a call came in, an operator answered it and connected it with the appropriate person or department. When someone on the inside needed to make a phone call, the operator connected them to an open line. These early systems were frequently referred to as switchboards. A business phone system is much more than a simple switch these days. Adjunct technologies such as automated attendants, voice messaging, call queuing, and multi-party conferencing have become commonplace. Basic analog and proprietary digital phones are giving way to IP phones that are based on standards. SIP trunks and other VoIP services are now available over the internet for external connectivity.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight call control (PBX-IP PBX) market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed call control (PBX-IP PBX) analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in call control (PBX-IP PBX) market report research
- What are the leading market players active in the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
- What are call control (PBX-IP PBX)?
- What does call control (PBX-IP PBX) allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make call control (PBX-IP PBX) a critical organizational asset?
- What are the key benefits of the call control (PBX-IP PBX) market report?
- Which niches should companies associated with recent improvements establish a presence in?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
Call Control (PBX-IP PBX) Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Call Control LLC, EIL Global, Voxter, ERGOMAN GmbH, Cisco Systems, Inc, Avaya, Polycom LLC, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Panasonic, Mitel, NEC Corporation