Cancer Immunotherapies has brought an unprecedented change in the global cancer therapies market. Cancer immunotherapy can be defined as, the treatment that deploys the bodys immune system, by joining and boosting innate powers of the immune system to fight cancer.
Over the past few years, cancer immunotherapies have generated new waves of optimism in the global oncology market, unveiling huge untapped potential for the innovators. After years of jostling over how to use the bodys immune system against cancer, researchers are now spotting newer targets and mechanisms to overcome the loopholes of conventional therapies. On the back of properties such as, comparably long-lived effects, exquisite specificity and improved survival rates, cancer immunotherapies have marked a paradigm shift in cancer management, as compared to existing conventional therapies. This has subsequently addressed the high unmet need for targeted therapies with high specificity for cancer type and minimal or no side effects.
Over the next decade, immunotherapies are expected to replace conventional cancer therapies and garner a significant share in the global cancer market.
The key factors driving the global cancer immunotherapies market are rising incidences of cancer, minimal or no side effects offered by immunotherapies, enhanced survival periods, long-term effects and strong emerging pipeline of cancer immunotherapies. Other key market drivers are sedentary lifestyle, less recurrence chance of cancer, accelerated regulatory approvals and augmented R&D investments on immunotherapies. However, factors such as high cost, limited range of cancer indications and high innovation challenges are likely to restrain the market. For instance, an investors awareness about the range of indications is presently limited to melanoma, renal cancer, and lately non-small cell lung cancer (NCSLC).
To provide the detailed market understanding, the cancer immunotherapies market is segmented on the basis of technology, therapy type, application and geography. Based on technology, the market is segmented into genetic engineering, hybridoma technology, humanization of monoclonal antibodies and overcoming the HAMA response via modern technology. On the basis of therapy type, the market is segmented into monoclonal antibodies, cancer vaccines, checkpoint inhibitors, cytokine therapies, other immune system boosters and miscellaneous immunotherapies. Each therapy type is further segmented across different sub-categories listed in the key market segments section. Based on application, the market is categorized into melanoma, renal cancer, NSCLC and others. The report covers a geographic breakdown and a detailed analysis of each of the aforesaid segments across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., F. Hoffman-La Roche AG, Advaxis, Inc., Immunomedics, Inc. and others are also provided in the report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the Global Cancer Immunotherapies market.
- The report covers the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- Extensive investigation is done for the market by therapy type which instils a clear understanding of benefits offered by different types and sub-types of therapy, the evolving role of checkpoint inhibitors and vaccines, monoclonal antibodies and other immune system boosters
- The studies evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account in this report to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practises followed by leading market players across geographies
- A detailed SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- The cancer immunotherapies market scenario is comprehensively analysed in accordance with the key regions
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The Global Cancer Immunotherapies market segmentation is illustrated below:
Cancer Immunotherapies Market By Technology
- Genetic engineering
- Hybridoma technology
- Humanization of monoclonal antibodies
- Overcoming the HAMA response via modern technology
- Other latest technologies
Cancer Immunotherapies Market By Therapy Type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Approved Monoclonal Antibodies
- New Monoclonal Antibodies
- Cancer Vaccines
- Tumor cell vaccines
- Antigen vaccines
- Dendritic cell vaccines
- Vector-based vaccines
- Checkpoint inhibitors
- Programmed Death (PD-1) inhibitors
- Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 (CTLA-4) inhibitors
- TIM3 (T-cell Immunoglobulin and Mucin domain 3) inhibitors
- LAG3 (Lymphocyte-activation gene or CD223) inhibitors
- Cytokine therapy
- Other immune system boosters
- Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy
- Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and interleukin-2 (IL-2)
- Miscellaneous Immunotherapies
Cancer Immunotherapies Market By Application
- Prostate cancer
Cancer Immunotherapies Market By Geography
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- United States
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa