Canine is a dog-like animal which is conventionally designated as canid. Canines include 36 living species of foxes, wolves, jackals, and other members of the dog family. Canine is long- legged animals with long muzzles, erect pointed ears and busy tails. In 36 species of canine, 12 genera found which are genus vulpes, genus canis, genus pseudalopex, genus urocyon, genus atelocynus, genus Cerdocyon, genus chrysocyon, genus cuon, genus Lycaon, genus nytereutes, genus otocyon, and genus speothos. Species of this genus are differentiated by their moderate to large size, their massive, well-developed skulls and dentition, long legs, and short ears and tails. Canine suffer from different type of diseases. Treatment of canine diseases can be done with different drug categories like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, anti-infectives, parasiticides, vaccines, and hormonal drugs.
Rise in adoption of canine, rise in canine health awareness, increase in R&D for canine specialty drugs with augment in canine population, introduction of cost-effective drugs, growth in prevalence of several canine diseases, and research in technological, and biomedical advances regarding the treatment of various canine diseases are the factors that primarily drive the growth of the canine specialty drugs market. Canine specialty drugs market is expected to be dominated by markets are North America, followed by Europe. Asia-Pacific is anticipated to exhibit the fastest growth rate. However, complex problems involved in the disease of canine restrains the growth of the canine specialty drugs market across the globe.
The canine specialty drugs market is segmented based on drug type, route of administration, and region. Based on drug type, the market is segmented into nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, anti-infective, parasiticides, vaccines, and hormonal drugs. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs help to reduce swelling, joint pain, and stiffness in canine. The nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs include carprofen, deracoxib, firocoxib, and meloxicam. The anti-infective drugs are used for fungal infection and bacterial infection. For fungal infection, ketoconazole is used for variety of fungal infections in dose range 5 to 10 mg/kg PO q12-24h. For bacterial infection, doxycycline is commonly used to treat bacterial infection plethora in dose range from 3 to 5 mg/kg q12-24 hours. Under parasiticides drugs category, the drugs which are most commonly used are nitenpyram, epsiprantel, Spinosad, praziquantel, fipronil and methoprene, and ivermectin. Under vaccines category, there are two types of vaccines available such as core vaccines and non-core vaccines. Under hormonal drugs levothyroxine is most popular medication for dogs. Based on route of distribution, the market is divided into oral, parenteral, and topical. Based on region, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players operating in the canine specialty market include Boehringer Ingelheim, Merck animal health, Zoetis animal health, Sanofi S.A. (MERIAL Limited), Elanco (Eli Lilly and Company), Novartis animal health, Virbac group, Vetoquinol S. A., Bayer Healthcare, and Ceva Sante Animale.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends and market forecast estimations from 2019 to 2026, which assists to identify the prevailing canine specialty drugs market opportunities.
- An in-depth market analysis includes analysis of various regions and is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise canine specialty drugs market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential from 2019 to 2026 in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the global canine specialty drugs market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Drug Type
- Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory
- Fipronil and methoprene
- Hormonal Drugs
By Route of Administration
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA