Capacitive Pressure Sensor Market Outlook - 2027
The global capacitive pressure sensor market size is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. Capacitive pressure sensors are the devices, which measure the pressure by detecting changes in electrical capacitance caused due to the movement of a diaphragm. Pressure sensors are undergoing an evolution from the traditional approach of production to a more pragmatic, technologically-advanced approach that ensures miniaturization and improved capabilities. Shocks and vibrations cause a wide range of problems such as disconnected wires, faulty signals, broken circuit boards intermittent problems, and shortening of the life of the equipment. Capacitive pressure sensors have gained a prominence compared to the resistive sensing technology, owing to their high sensitivity, accuracy and absence of wear & tear problem. These sensors are continuously replacing the resistive sensors in several applications due to their various distinguished features. Furthermore, the advancements in sensor technology have led to the development as well as a shift toward miniaturization of sensors, thus, offering several opportunities to the key industry participants.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Most of the projects in China, the US, Germany, and South Korea are delayed, and the companies are facing short-term operational issues due to supply chain constraints and lack of site access due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Asia-Pacific is anticipated to get highly affected by the spread of the COVID-19 due to the effect of the pandemic in China, Japan, and India. China is the epic center of this lethal disease. China is a major country in terms of the chemical industry.
- Prior to the outbreak of COVID-19, manufacturers across the capacitive pressure sensor market were optimistic that 2020 would witness normalization in inventory levels fueled by growing automotive & smartphones sales and increase in the adoption of smart manufacturing technologies. However, the demand for sensors has reduced significantly, owing to the outbreak of the disease.
Top impacting factors: capacitive pressure sensor market trends, scenario analysis, drivers, and impact analysis
The implementation of innovative pressure sensors is the major driver that is expected to boost the market growth during the forecast period. Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the global capacitive pressure sensor for consumer applications are bringing out products with improved features and launching innovative products on a regular basis. In addition, advancements in microelectromechanical (MEMS) sensors fuel the market growth. A MEMS pressure sensor can measure and detect external pressure as well as it responds mechanically to compensate for the pressure change. However, intense pricing pressure may hinder the significant sales growth of these sensors. On the other hand, advancements in nanoelectromechanical system (NEMS) technology are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth over the forecast period.
Automotive applications to hold significant growth in the market
Essential requirements in the manufacturing and design of pressure sensors for automotive applications comprise optimal performance in a range of media, temperatures, shock, vibration, and electromagnetic conditions. The sensor must be durable enough to perform vital functions. The ceramic capacitive pressure sensors are suitable for measuring absolute or relative pressure of media present in the most sophisticated vehicle systems. Ceramic material makes it ideal against PC-LD and MD-HD treatments for engines. In addition, the rapid evolution of the automotive sector with the emergence of electric vehicles or autonomous vehicles are emphasizing on the miniaturization of equipment for applications, thereby driving the market growth. Huge demand for automotive vehicle as well as its rapid developments enhances the capacitive pressure sensor market.
Surge in usage in automotive and industrial applications
The strong and simple mechanical structure of capacitive pressure sensor has led to numerous applications for industrial purposes. It can sustain severe industrial conditions due to the use of ceramics and provides a quicker response rate. The miniaturization of capacitive pressure sensors with the development in MEMS technology has also increased its applications in an extensive range of industries.
On the other hand, miniaturization of capacitive pressure sensors decreased its production cost. Therefore, with cheap, efficient, and wide applications, the capacitive pressure sensor market is growing significantly.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global capacitive pressure sensor market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global capacitive pressure sensor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global capacitive pressure sensor market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the capacitive pressure sensor market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the capacitive pressure sensor market forecast?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Capacitive Pressure Sensor Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Panasonic Corporation, Amphenol Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., NXP Semiconductors, STMicroelectronics N.V., Infineon Technologies AG, TE Connectivity, Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., ABB Ltd, Freescale Semiconductor