A capacitor is component that stores electrical energy in an electric field. Capacitor is used in every electronic and electrical device known to mankind. There are a lot of capacitors available in the market depending on the size and capacitance. Mainly the capacitor can be divided into four types-ceramic capacitor, film capacitor, electrolytic capacitors, and variable capacitor. Capacitors are used in wide range of electronic circuits for blocking direct current, while allowing alternative current to pass. Also, it is used in the analog filter network, to smoothen the output of the power supply. In radios, capacitors are used to tune to a particular frequency. In power transmission, they are used to stabilize the voltage and power flow.
Increase in the growth of electronic equipment and wide scope of usage drives the demand for capacitor units in the market. In addition, development of technology leads to the production of high capacitance capacitor in smaller size, which in turn reduces the size of the circuit board. However, high cost of raw material restrains the growth of the capacitor market. Advancement in technology and the use of capacitor in every electronic equipment makes way for market growth opportunities.
The market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, it is divided into ceramic capacitor, film capacitor, electrolytic capacitors, and variable capacitors. The ceramic capacitor is bifurcated into disk and monolithic. Film capacitor is segmented into polyester and polypropylene. Electrolytic capacitors is divided into aluminum electrolytic capacitors and tantalum electrolytic capacitors. By application, the market is categorized into energy storage, power conducting, motor starter, oscillator, and others (signal processing, coupling, and pulsed power). By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players analyzed in this report include Murata Capacitors Group, TDK Electronic Materials Group, Samsung EMCO LCR Group, Yageo Corporation, Walsin PSA Group, Nippon Chemi-Con, Kemet Electronics, Nichicon, Rubycon, and Hitachi AIC Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the capacitor unit market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Capacitor Unit Market Key Segments:
- Ceramic Capacitor
- Film capacitor
- Electrolytic Capacitors
- Variable Capacitors
- Energy Storage
- Power Conducting
- Motor Starter
- Others (Signal Processing, Coupling and Pulsed Power)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Other top companies
- Cornell Dubilier
- Illinois Capacitor
- Wrth Elektronik
- Toshin Kogyo
- Lelon Electronics Corp.