Capecitabine is a chemotherapy drug that acts by reducing or preventing the progression of cancer cells. This drug is used for the treatment of cancers such as colorectal cancer, breast cancer, and gastric cancer.
Growth in prevalence of cancer, increase in demand for target drug therapy, and patent expiry of capecitabine drive the growth of the capecitabine market. According to the National Cancer Institute around 135,430 people are estimated to suffer from colon and rectum cancer and 50,260 people died of colon and rectum cancer in 2017 in the U.S. Furthermore, rise in healthcare expenditure and increase in investment in cancer treatment or assisted programs by governments and private organizations such as Cancer Care and Cancer Suraksha Scheme are anticipated to boost the market growth. However, high cost of capecitabine, adverse effects, presence of substitutes, such as raltitrexed and leucovorin, and stringent government regulations related to the safety and efficacy of capecitabine hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities related to capecitabine are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of application, drug formulation, and geography. Based on application, the market is categorized into colon cancer, rectal cancer, breast cancer, gastric cancer, and others. By drug formulation, it is bifurcated into tablets and capsules. The geographical breakdown of each of the aforesaid segment is covered for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global capecitabine market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Capecitabine Market Key Segment:
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
By Drug Formulation
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Dr Reddy Laboratories Ltd
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- Cipla Inc.
- Genentech, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
- Zentiva N.V.
- Teva Pharma B.V.
- Accord Healthcare Ltd.