The GPS navigation system uses multiple satellite signals to locate a receiver's position on earth. In car navigation systems, the GPS antenna and GPS receiver serve to receive signals from these satellites, thereby facilitating vehicle tracking and positioning. These systems are used by various industries such as mining, aviation, automobile, agriculture, and military.
Rise in number of vehicle sales worldwide and the integration of smartphones with in-vehicle systems (IVS) drive the market growth. In addition, increase in demand from the dependent sectors in turn propel the market. However, the presence of substitutes to aftermarket navigation systems and the cost versus functionality given by these systems hinder this growth. High penetration of wireless communication technology and availability of advanced telecom infrastructure present various opportunities for market expansion.
The global car GPS navigation system market is segmented on the basis of component, vehicle type, end user, and region. Based on component type, it is bifurcated into hardware and software. The vehicle type segment includes passenger and commercial vehicles. On the basis of end user, the market is divided into OEM and aftermarket. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in this market are Alpine Electronics of America, Inc., PIONEER, TomTom International BV, Panasonic, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation., JVCKENWOOD Corporation, Bose Corporation, Garmin Ltd., OnStar, LLC., FUJITSU TEN LIMITED, and PowerSchool.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global car GPS navigation system market and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restrains, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size are provided.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
Car GPS Navigation System Market key SEGMENTS:
By Vehicle Type
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
- TomTom International BV
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation.
- JVCKENWOOD Corporation
- Bose Corporation
- Garmin Ltd.
- OnStar, LLC.
- FUJITSU TEN LIMITED