Caraway, also known as meridian fennel and Persian cumin (Carum carvi), is a biennial plant in the family Apiaceous, native to western Asia, Europe, and North Africa. The plant is similar in appearance to other members of the carrot family, with finely divided, feathery leaves with thread-like divisions, growing on 20–30 cm (8–12 in) stems. The main flower stem is 40–60 cm (16–24 in) tall, with small white or pink flowers in umbels. Caraway fruits, commonly (erroneously) called seeds, are crescent-shaped achenes, around 2 mm (1⁄16 in) long, with five pale ridges. The etymology of caraway is complex and poorly understood. Caraway has been called by many names in different regions, with names deriving from the Latin Cuminum (cumin), the Greek Karon (again, cumin), which was adapted into Latin as carom (now meaning caraway), and the Sanskrit karavi, sometimes translated as "caraway", but other times understood to mean "fennel". Caraway seeds inherent characteristics makes it an ideal component for manufacturing of some specialty cosmetic and personal care products also.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Since the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, the World Health Organization declared it a public health emergency.
- The disease has spread to over 100 countries and caused huge losses of lives around the globe. Especially the global manufacturing, tourism and financial markets have been hit hard.
- The downward pressure on the world economy that once showed signs of recovery in the previous period has increased again.
- The outbreak of the epidemic has added risk factors to the already weak growth of the world economy.
- Many international organizations have pointed out that the world economy is in the most severe period since the financial crisis.
Top Impacting Factors
In the coming years of the Caraway oil market looks lucrative with opportunities in the medicine’s market, relaxation and others. The international caraway oil market is expected to grow during the forecast period. The prime drivers for this market are rising demand for caraway oil as a natural product for medicines and cosmetics, rising demand for organic medicines, rising technology, and increasing usage of caraway oil in health supplements.
- The main factor contributing to the growing demand for caraway seeds is rising demand for its end use products, which consists of various F&B and cosmetic products.
- Moreover, rising globalization in food cuisines is another factor in charge for driving revenues in the global caraway seeds market. Rising utilization of breads with spices, especially rile bread is outstanding factor driving the demand for caraway seeds.
- A prominent share of liquors also uses caraway seeds in some form, and amid rising living standards consumption of liquor is expected to rise translating into rising demand for caraway seeds.
- Increasing demand for caraway seed supplements such as anise, fennel and cumin, is another prime factor driving the demand for caraway seeds.
- Furthermore, as the demand for cosmetics and personal care products rises; caraway seeds which are frequently used to transmit fragrance components in soaps, lotions and perfumes are expected to witness increasing demand.
- In addition, as the perception about various health benefits of caraway seeds increases, it is anticipated a huge number of cuisines will gradually incorporate caraway-based ingredients.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the caraway oil industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the caraway oil market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the caraway oil market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed caraway oil market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the caraway oil Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the caraway oil market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Caraway Oil Market Report Highlights
By Grade Type
Key Market Players
Albert Vieille,, INDUKERN INTERNACIONAL, Penta Manufacturing Company, H.Interdonati, Robertet Group., Berje, Elixens, Ernesto Ventos