Carbonates are salts of carbonic acids, which contain carbonate ion and ions of metal such as sodium, calcium, potassium, and others. The most common carbonates used include calcium carbonate, sodium carbonate, potassium carbonate, and iron carbonate.
These carbonates are used in a wide range of end-used industries such as detergents & cleaners, paints & coatings, paper & pulp, glass & ceramics, dyes & pigments, adhesives & sealants, and others. Some of the important organic carbonate used are dimethyl carbonate, ethylene carbonate, propylene carbonate, and triphosgene.
Increase in use of carbonates in paper & pulp industry, adhesives & sealants, automotive, and building & construction industries fuel the demand for carbonates, thereby driving the growth of the carbonates market. Furthermore, rise in use of sodium carbonate in the manufacturing of glass boosts the market growth. However, risks related to handling of chemicals and various health concerns related to carbonates hinder the market growth. The development of technology in mining of carbonates is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market.
The carbonates market is segmented on the basis of type, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is classified into calcium carbonate, sodium carbonate, potassium carbonate, iron carbonate, and others. Based on end-user industry, it is divided into detergents & cleaners, paints & coatings, paper & pulp, glass & ceramics, dyes & pigments, adhesives & sealants, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major player analyzed in this report are Omya AG, Excalibar Minerals LLC, Huber Engineering Materials, Imerys S.A., Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Solvay S.A., Mississippi Lime Company, Schaefer Kalk GmbH & Company KG, Anglo American, and The Egyptian Carbonate Company for Mining.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Carbonates Market Key Segments:
- Calcium Carbonate
- Sodium Carbonate
- Potassium Carbonate
- Iron Carbonate
- Others (Ammonium Carbonate, Zinc Carbonate, Copper Carbonate, and Others)
By End-user Industry
- Detergents & Cleaners
- Paints & Coatings
- Paper & Pulp
- Glass & Ceramics
- Dyes & Pigments
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Others (Food Industry, Animal Feed, Textile Industry, Agriculture Industry, and Others)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA