Carotid artery stents are small, flexible devices, which are used to open a narrow carotid artery. This process of opening an artery is known as carotid artery stenting (CAS), which results in improving the blood flow. Moreover, this process keeps the artery open, prevent the formation of small pieces of plaque, and avoid the artery from restenosis.
Rise in prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, increase in disorders such as ischemic stroke, peripheral vascular lesions, growth in geriatric population, technological advancement, and surge in adoption rates of minimally invasive surgeries. However, factors such as complications associated with stents and stringent regulations related to approval processes restrain the market growth. Furthermore, development of biocompatible stents, and rise in the emergence of carotid artery stents with new technology drive the market growth during the forecast period.
The carotid artery stents market is segmented based on type, material, end user, and region. Based on type, it is categorized into balloon expandable stents and self-expanding stents. On the basis of material, the market is classified into metallic stents and other stents. Metal stents is further divided into cobalt chromium, platinum chromium, nickel titanium, and stainless steel. On the basis of end user, the market is categorized into hospitals, cardiac centers, and ambulatory surgical centers. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Boston Scientific Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Medtronic plc, Johnson & Johnson, Terumo Corporation, MicroPort Scientific Corporation, W. L. Gore & Associates, BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG, InspireMD, and Impulse Dynamics.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global carotid artery stents market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Carotid Artery Stents Market Key Segments:
- Balloon-Expandable Stents
- Self-Expanding Stents
- Cobalt Chromium
- Platinum Chromium
- Nickel Titanium
- Stainless Steel
- Others Stents
By End User
- Cardiac Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA