Cat treats are a type of cat food served occasionally to the cats. They are processed as specialty food items specifically for cats. Cat is the second most popular pet owned by numerous households in the world. They have been domesticated since ancient times, initially in Egypt. Therefore, with growth in awareness, they became popular as domesticated cat species in different parts of the world. In recent times, pet keeping and cat ownership have gained significance due to the emotional well being and physical well being provided by the cats to humans. Cat treats are available in various shapes and flavors, incorporated with various nutritional ingredients required for the growth and nourishment of the cats. The therapeutic treats such as dental treats, hairball treats, protein treats, and others are also available in various flavors to provide functional as well as appetizing food to the cat. The composition, manufacturing standards, and labeling of cat treats are mainly regulated by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic scenario has impacted the sales and revenue of the cat treats market due to the shutdown of distribution channels such as pet stores and specialty stores. The initial panic buying situation led to the challenges in meeting the supply and demand requirements.
- The delayed deliveries through e-commerce platforms due to transportation restrictions affected the online stores of the cat treats market.
- The shutdown of manufacturing units and shortage of manpower due to the lockdown scenario have impacted the production of the cat treats market. The challenges in the procurement of raw material for the production of cat treats have led to the hampered production and disrupted supply chain.
- The domestic supply chain has been disrupted due to the implementation of least mobility and transportation restrictions. In addition, the global supply chain of the cat treats market has been impacted due to the export and import restrictions imposed in various countries.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Cat treats are widely utilized by the cat owners as affection to treat their pet cats. The increase in trend in cat ownership of various cat species has led to the surge in the requirement of cat treats in various flavors and aromatic ingredients. Surged investment in R&D, rise in cat ownership, domesticated cat species, mental wellbeing of cat owners, fortification of cat food, availability of therapeutic cat treats, increased commercial production of cat treats, variants in flavor and aroma, utilization of fish, beef, and chicken for cat treats, protein treats, dental treats, joint health treats, hairball remedy treats, sprinkling treats on regular food, enhanced nutritional value, utilization of natural and organic ingredients for specific cat treats, improved palatability and texture treats, semi-moist treats, crunchier treats, freeze-dried treats, concerns regarding cat health, increased distribution channel, e-commerce, social media marketing, labeling of cat treats, hygienic manufacturing, soft chew treats, non-GMO ingredients, pesticide-free, reduced calorific value, high-shelf life, alluring packaging, rise in awareness of cat care, worldwide pet events, change in lifestyle, veterinarian recommendations, surge in urbanization, and increased disposable income are the key driving factors for the growth of cat treats market. However, the increased competition, availability of substitute of cat food, increased recall of cat treats, lack in awareness about the new product launch, allergies due to ingredients, traditional cat treat manufacturing practices, quality of the cat treats, high amount of fat and salt content, and government regulations hinder the growth of cat treats market.
The Global Cat Treats Market Trends
Therapeutic Cat Treats
Several studies on human-animal interaction have reported the benefits of physical as well as mental health of human beings while keeping care of cats since the opportunities of regular walking and companionship have increased. The cats provide emotional well being to the owners and in turn, they take responsibility for the well being of domesticated cats. The increase in domestication and cat ownership has presented opportunities for new product developments in the cat treat market. The key manufactures are inclined towards launching cat treats with high nutritional and therapeutic value. The utilization of natural ingredients has been made after conducting advanced R&D which has led to the development of freeze-dried protein cat treats, grain-free treats, tartar control in dental treats, hairball control treats, soft chews, and bacon-flavored treats. The incorporation of essential nutrients and ingredients such as valerian root, high-quality cannabidiol, hemp extract, salmon, beets, spinach, watercress, vitamin B12, omega fatty acids, calcium, and L-tryptophan have led to the increased requirement of cat treats by cat owners.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global cat treats industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global cat treats market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the global cat treats market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global cat treats market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Cat Treats Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the cat treats market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Cat Treats Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Archer Daniels Midland, Thailand Foods Pet Food Co, Nestle Purina PetCare Company, GREENIES, Blue Pet Products Inc., The J.M Smucker Company, Whiskas, Del Monte Foods, Simmons Foods, National Enterprises, Big Heart Pet Brands