Catalase Market Insights and Forecast - 2027
Catalase is a very common enzyme that is found in almost all living organisms. Catalase when exposed to oxygen accelerates decomposition of hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen. It plays a very important role in protecting cells from oxidative damage led by reactive oxygen species. Activity and effectiveness of catalase are the highest among all enzymes as one catalase molecule is capable to convert millions of hydrogen peroxide molecules into water and oxygen per second. Catalase consists of four iron-containing heme groups, which allows it to react with hydrogen peroxide. Its pH value depends on the species by which the catalyst is produced. Generally, it ranges from 6.8 to 7.5 and sometimes between 4 to 11. Catalase produced by humans has an approximate pH value of 7. Grey hair is a sign of low level of catalase in humans. This enzyme is used for a wide variety of applications in industries such as pharmaceuticals, textiles, personal care & cosmetics, chemical synthesis, and food & beverages.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Owing to the outbreak of COVID-19, national and international transport has been hampered due to restrictions imposed by several governments. This has led to demand and supply disruptions for the global catalase market.
- Decreased capital resources and potential global recession due to the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic has declined growth of the catalase market among the new market players.
- The catalase market is expected to witness a neutral effect during the novel coronavirus pandemic, owing to its easy availability and less dependency on synthetically manufacturing processes.
- Use of catalase in a variety of end-use industries such as pharmaceuticals, textile, personal care, and food & beverages is expected to lead the economics of the catalase market to recover as soon as the industries start operating post the COVID-19 period.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in demand for packed food and beverage items in developed countries such as the U.S. and Europe, where catalase is used for increasing shelf-life, is expected to accelerate growth of the global catalase market. In addition, growth in consumer inclination toward personal care and cosmetics products where catalase is used to impart various specific properties to end products such as wrinkle removing and anti-aging also propels growth of the global catalase market. However, several factors such as temperature degradation, precise storage & handling, and high costs of production are expected to hamper growth of the catalase market in the future. Conversely, technical advancements have been done for the use of catalase enzymes in water treatment operations. The deteriorating quality of water day-by-day is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global catalase market during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global catalase market along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the catalase market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the catalase market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competition and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global catalase market research report:
- What is the CAGR of the catalase market?
- Which are the leading players active in the global catalase market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of catalase market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
Catalase Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Biocatalysts Limited, Novozymes, MP Biomedicals LLC, Megazyme Inc., Lumis Biotech Pvt. Ltd., Sekisui Diagnostics LLC., BIO-CAT, Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC., Kolor Jet Chemical Pvt. Ltd