Catalyst Carrier Market Insights and Forecast - 2027
Catalyst carriers are porous materials affixed with catalysts. They are usually solids with high surface area. Catalyst carriers are sometimes used in the form of granules or powders to assist chemical processes and activity of catalysts. They possess various significant properties such as excellent inorganic binding properties, stability to chemical processes, inert in reactions, and impart superior catalyst activity. Some other properties include high-temperature density, heat stability, good mechanical strength, and corrosion resistance. Catalyst carriers increase surface by distributing catalyst over the support (such as carbon, silica, and alumina), which may either be inert or participate in catalytic reactions. The mechanical strength of catalyst carriers in granulated form is more than in powdered form. Catalyst carriers are made up of materials such as zeolites, activated carbon, and ceramics. They are also available in different shapes such as a honeycomb, ring, porous, extrude, and sphere. They are prepared by two methods, namely, impregnation method and homogeneous solution method followed by co-precipitation. In the impregnation method, a catalyst carrier is treated with a pre-catalyst to convert catalyst carriers into active state. In homogeneous solution method, the catalyst carrier is prepared using a homogeneous solution of specific chemical composition followed by co-precipitation of the so formed solution to get a catalyst carrier as a product. These carriers are widely used in petrochemicals and chemical manufacturing industries for refining of gas and liquid into intermediates and end-use products. Other applications of catalyst carriers include automotive, pharmaceuticals, and agrochemicals.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Owing to the outbreak of COVID-19, national and international transport has been hampered due to restrictions imposed by several governments. This has led to demand and supply disruptions for the global catalyst carrier market.
- Decreased capital resources and potential global recession due to the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic has declined growth of the catalyst carrier market among the new market players.
- The catalyst carrier market is expected to witness a neutral effect during the novel coronavirus pandemic, owing to its easy availability and less dependency on synthetically manufacturing processes.
- Use of catalase in a variety of end-use industries such as pharmaceuticals, textile, personal care, and food & beverages is expected to lead the economics of the catalase market to recover as soon as the industries start operating post the COVID-19 period.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Growth in chemical industry to fulfill population requirement where catalyst carriers are used to improve distribution and chemical efficiency of chemical manufacturing process is expected to boost the demand of the catalyst carrier market. In addition, rise in petrochemical and oil & gas sectors in the middle east countries such as Iran, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia where catalyst carriers are used for refining gas and liquid into intermediates and end-use products also propel growth of the catalyst carrier market. However, volatility in prices of raw materials used for production of catalyst carriers hamper growth of the catalyst carrier market. Conversely, rise in research and development-related activities in the catalyst carrier market for making more efficient and effective catalyst carriers is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the catalyst carrier market during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global catalyst carrier market along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the catalyst carrier market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the catalyst carrier market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competition and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global catalyst carrier market research report:
- What is the CAGR of the catalyst carrier market?
- Which are the leading players active in the global catalyst carrier market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of catalyst carrier market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
Catalyst Carrier Market Report Highlights
By Surface Area
Key Market Players
NORITAKE CO. LIMITED, Cabot Corporation, CoorsTek Inc., Magma Ceramics & Catalysts, W. R. Grace & Co., CeramTec GmbH, Saint-Gobain, Almatis GmbH, Sasol Ltd., Evonik Industries